Monday, April 11, 2011

Questioning continues... Pathways towards Discovery Part 2

Whether it is prophetic utterance being spoken about future things.... words of encouragement being spoken over another's soul and spirit.... words of knowledge speaking those things that aren't known by the speaker into the heart of the hearer..... There is a flow of life and liberty that come that I just can't walk away from.... but I can't be satisfied either.....I can't be satisfied with where I am and I can't be satisfied with what I see... I can no longer not ask the questions of myself and of others and of God....

What is genuine? What is man? What is the flesh? What is the spirit? Where is He going with this? How more do we fine tune delivering words in a way that fully captures His heart and expresses His intentions without adding our own?

How do we separate culturally acceptable practices within prophetic communities from that which is God to that which is just a culturally acceptable thing? What ones are ok? What ones aren't? What do we really want to call prophetic? What do we want to call training?

What steps are ok? What vagueness do we allow as we are being matured into that which we will become? What is the demand of accountability with the things we say... the things we prophesy... the things we speak over the lives of people who God loves?

What about our own lives? Our own relationships with God? Are we pushing them to be vital and filled daily with Him or are we on neutral? Do we pursue God just for revelation or do we pursue God PERIOD!?!?!

I believe the most mature prophetic will develop as we actually don't seek it... I have seen it in my own life... as I lay aside questions and these times of pondering and walk away time and time again and walk towards Him... walk towards Him and live my life in Him and melt into Him and desire Him....

THEN OF COURSE I KNOW ... I know Him!!! I know what is on His heart!!! I see those that are around me with His eyes and His heart and His desires for them... and that is what I want to grow into..... Him... I want to grow more into Him and into love and into the revelation of how loving He is to all those that surround us.......

The most prophetic act and utterance that will ever be made is our lives being lived in love and in Him and our eyes seeing what is on His heart and our hearts being torn by the things that tear at His....

Oh God may it be so in my own life... may it be so in me.... may I not seek knowledge to be puffed up but so to edify those around me... may I not see anything in the spirit that would make me think that in seeing it I am special... I AM SPECIAL... not because I see.. hear.. know.. experience.. I AM SPECIAL because He declares it to be so.. and He declares it to be so to those around....

It is a revelatory thing and a powerful thing to speak into the heart of a person and discover the treasure there and speak those things that God wants His people to hear..... It is an incredible reality to know Him and make Him known.... It is such a gift and such an incredible opportunity that we must take....

I have to go and even if I falter and fail and fall I must go... I must know Him as much as He will let Himself be known.. I must love Him with all that I can muster within me to do so... I must surrender all to Him because anything else just doesn't work.. but I must journey here... I can do no other thing... Him and His ways.. and the way He moves and acts and demonstrates who He is....

I don't seek the signs and the wonders for themselves... I don't want to do that.... But there are things He states that should follow me that aren't following me now and as His ... as His daughter I must close the gap in my own life... I must ask the questions and pursue Him in all matters and not settle until His presence is fully upon my days and my times.....

It is who I am.. it is who we all are... His.... whether we receive those truths or not.. we are His... and upon this journey I must move into more questions... into a place where answers don't seem to easily abound.... But I must go here.. there... I need to know Him more and be settled into Him more and nothing else will satisfy...

What does it really mean to be a Christian as Jesus meant it? Not as culture or religion would pigeon hole me.... What does it really mean to live as His? And how? Truly how do I do that day in and day out while I walk this earth? I can't settle for nothing less ... no mediocrity... no complacency..... no status quo... I have to push... right now I don't even know what I pushing forward to but I have to push... and I can't easily dismiss the discrepancies any more ..

Under His shadow do I journey... into a place I know not... holding His hand .. looking into His eyes.. surrendering myself... to know Him and His ways and live as He would have me live... I've been ruined time and time and time again.. I've been ruined and made hungry... and now I stand waiting for the promise that those that hunger shall be made full................

No comments: