Monday, April 11, 2011

the flip side of the coin.... while abuses can be flagrant... When it is good.. it is so very good... On a path to discovery... Part 1

There is one thing that fills my heart and my mind... my soul and my thoughts..... for weeks and months now..... I sit ... I wonder.... I think upon... I question... I research... I angst over..... for months now I have thought about and thought about and thought about ....

I want to more fully grasp the aspect of prophetic and revelatory things.....

Not too long ago I wrote an article that caused a good amount of dialogue..... I am not afraid of the dialogue... it actually is what I am pushing for..... I entitled that article, The Tyranny of the Prophetic, not casually ... not without thought to you... to me... but because that phrase had bumped around inside me for weeks......

But now.... now as I push upon boundaries and territories.... and seek God.. and hunger to push in even more to Him on these issues... I am filled with the desire to communicate why I love... why I absolutely love and believe in the way God moves and manifests and operates within the body of believers as it pertains to prophetic things.....

I have just seen it work too many times ... I have just seen people's expressions and faces and lives change as they interact with a healthy prophetic ( and yes those two words CAN exist together) ... I have watched as people had confirmation be given to them... I have seen how dreams were strengthened within others as words of knowledge and encouragement filled the air and settled upon them....

I was at a new age expo ministering.... and a lady came into the booth.... she had her glasses on and it wasn't that she was skeptical ... it was that she was learned... she was extremely educated in topics such as metaphysical reality and other world religions and counterfeit spiritual ideas..... I knew to engage her in conversation would have us spinning and end up being a waste of time... But she came to us.... I sat down with her... she kept her sunglasses on .... and yet as I started to minister to her... I could hear the words of Father speaking tenderness over her... and so I started blessing her with a spirit of tenderness... speaking into her being that her creator adored her and longed to be gentle with her and the time spent together kept going...

At one point she lowered her glasses... and as tears fell upon her face .. she looked at me and said, "if there was one thing I needed ... if there was one thing in the spirit that I need... It is tenderness...." AH... and Father knew...... and my heart had learned to be tuned into that which He speaks..... simple.. and yet profound... life changing.... sweet... beautiful display of the affections of the Lord for His own...

I guess that very simply that is what it is... a heart and a being... a person being tuned to the frequencies of heaven and to the voice and dialogue that exist there..... to the fact that the Father obviously knows all things and He speaks and communicates those things.....

while many times we get it wrong or add our own flare to it... it is worth the discovery... it is worth the journey... it is worth the baby steps and the mishaps to get to where we must go... where I must go...

To know God... to make Him known.... to do so in a very real.. non hype way... that is what I am after... that is my passion.... His heart... His expression.. His revelation... Him... Jesus... Father.. Spirit.... how desperately do I ache for Him and all that He reveals

No comments: