Friday, December 31, 2010

It was like the startled feeling when warm feet just out of the evening's blankets hit the very cold tile flooring in the bathroom..... Wrapped up in the warmth of the moment a word entered the scene and all grogginess was lost as a tone in His voice was different and brought me completely awake and held my attention...

He had recently spoken two aspects of what was on His heart for me and I was moving through one of them in strength but as much as I was walking forward with the one I wasn't with the other... Giving myself time and leeway in the name of grace...

Side note here...... MAJOR side note..... I do not at all feel condemnation .... I do not at all feel the lack of grace .... And there are mountains of grace and mercy for all to enter into the things of our Lord...

This was different though and it was important for Him to bring His point to bare upon my soul..... Remember mercy triumphs over judgement and where sin abounds so does grace....

This morning a sternness in His frame and the tone of His voice relaid how serious He was concerning His other request..... I did not feel the fear of punishment nor did I feel the condemnation of "letting Him down" as if that were possible.... Only old authority issues that had existed would have played that scene out that way....

No you see this is why we need to know Him for who He is and not ascribe the nature of man to Him..... He is consistent.... Ever so consistent in His love and affections and through that aspect of His nature He disciplines those He loves.......

This correction was even in it's stern nature a most loving act... I have declared time and time again with my mouth and my words that I want what He wants .... My feet and my actions and the reality of my life must do the same.....

More in the next blog post of that which is this message.... There is an incredibly vital aspect of receiving His authority into our lives ....

The fall of Jericho came because the people were obedient to His instructions as was the defeat at Ai because one wasn't.... In the days of Acts people died because they lied in the presence of what God was asking.....

I need to treat the words of God and His instructions as though they are what they are ... I'm not speaking about Jericho battles or the details of direction when it came to building the ark or the temple BUT maybe He is....

Please remember the depths of His love and His grace but what about the instructions on how to live with Him and others.... I have come more and more into life and joy as I have just simply brought my life under His direction....

There is no need for special revelation here for it is all written plainly.... Colossians chapter 3 is but one amazing example...... What if we treated those words of what to not do and what to do as if they were life and death.... What if we took to heart the words of Isaiah ? What would it look like to have light burst forth like the dawn and healing come like the noon day sun? We can't pick and choose what parts of God we want to follow.... If He is our God then He is Lord as well as Savior, Redeemer and friend.....

It is time to grow and mature and as always it is His love that paves the way... A Father calling with all His strength and might for His people... For His sons and daughters to arise.... For us all to bare forth His image as we were always created to do..... It is His crazy.. PHENOMENAL love calling us towards Him but the road is narrow... But His heart beacons Please.... Please my child .... Please walk on it.... It is the best way.....

No comments: