Saturday, December 18, 2010

"You can step out into it at any moment..." Number 2 or lets just say #357

"I wish I had never been born," she said. "What are we born for?" "For infinite happiness," said the Spirit. "You can step out into it at any moment..."

CS LEWIS The Great Divorce

Now may I say I truly truly dislike lists.... so just saying ahead of time... there might be less than ten... heck... they are thousands more than ten... so whatever number of things get put up don't...please don't... whatever you do don't... treat them like some magic fairy dust that if you do one, two, three then you get to fly off to Neverland like Peter....

The Kingdom really doesn't work like that... we are all as unique as each of our finger prints..... and while lists can contain good suggestions the life aspect comes when you enter into the reality that the Father loves you and whatever you can do to get there do it and when it changes because it always does... there is no yellow brick road to follow ... but there is a Father's wooing and a hunger in the spirit that you take place in that divine hide and seek... because through that you find the Father's heart for you.... and while attributes of that love are the same.... they play out very differently for each of us.......

What the Father uses to speak to me is so intrinsically intertwined between He and I and my life experiences..... that is the wonder and the beauty of His love is that it is so individualized...... for me a "V" of Canadian geese have a history and a story behind them as do the White Rose food trucks ... neither of those things mean anything to you but to me they are a hug and a kiss from the Father whenever I see them... The way I see Him throughout my day is so individualized that the attempt at any list feels so ridiculous in one way... But there are principles involved and those I share....

So number 2 or we could call it #357 just for the fun of it...

Develop a love language with the Father.... there are special things you remember that are just between you and your best friend, or you and your husband, or you and your child, or the list goes on.... special relationships have within them moments and memories that each one within that relationship cherish... build those with the Lord.... You will be so surprised and blessed..... how intimately aware of you He is and how much He hungers to be a part of every facet of your day....... and how often He shows Himself moment to moment ... once you become aware that He is there.. always closer than your next breath.... who you are is transformed in His love and His character but more than anything you step into a reality where love reigns above all.... and in that reality you can walk daily, hourly, moment to moment and even though the situations don't necessarily change... you are different because within those moments you are under the shadow of the Most High or within the Strong tower of His love and affection....

So .... here is another thing I usually stay away from.... form like prayers.... but stepping out into all things new these days... and seeing the value.....

One last thing.... before we pray together...... Here is my biggest secret of my love affair with the Lord.... I have no clue what I am doing... but I know He loves me and like a corny 80s song says... that may be all I need to know......


So Father... we come to you (I come to you) and I long for you to open up doors for me today that usher me into a deeper relationship with you... I acknowledge that you are always with me ... I acknowledge that You love me in such a way that it can never be measured... I ask that You would bring me to a place today and all days where that love permeates all that I am .... Father I declare my love for You and my delight in the fact that I am Yours.... May I walk my days and my times here on Earth hand and hand with You and Your purposes ... abiding within You... abiding within Your love... open my eyes to see You in the details of my day... Show me that within Your shadow I can abide... open my ears to hear your melodies and Your voice .... Father more than anything show me minute by minute who You are.. make me ever more aware of Your glorious, marvelous nature ... I love you Lord... You are an amazing God... Creator, Redeemer, Friend...... Thank You... thank You for loving me so very well.... transform my mind and my heart with the truth of that love and bring me further into the world of Your heart..... Amen.....

No comments: