Sunday, December 12, 2010

I am one whose Heritage is rich... I am one who is truly grateful

There are moments in life that  reside and reverberate within the soul.... Moments whether good or bad that help form who it is we are. 


I am one who is richly blessed by a godly heritage within certain movements. 


I am grateful for the strengths of those movements that I have come through.  I am grateful for the paradigms of life that they forged within the depths of who I am.  I am grateful for the wealth that they deposited within my life. From a passion for worship to an understanding that it is the whole body that is called to be equipped to minister to the truths that our Lord speaks in many ways to the fact that I can see and hear and touch and taste and smell the attributes if my God and His kingdom. 

You have equipped me well and given me shoulders to jump off of and I am grateful.  I am so very grateful. I love the DNA that resides within me. You have served God well within my life. 

And where times and situations brought to bear seasons and orbits that grew us apart instead of bringing us together.... Well, even within those I have found gratitude. For they too have taught me well. 

They taught me to repent quickly, to grow in character and maturity and they have taught me to learn to stand on my own and worship the Lord my God only. To not hold on to one expression as an idol but to grow in appreciation for the greater body. 

To the Body of Christ you are my family..... We are all so connected in ways we don't even fully comprehend. We will one day stand as the Bride of our Lord.  Together.  When one of us is weaken we are all weakened.  When one of us is sad or pain or when one of us is rejoicing then we all share in that as well.  

As I think upon my heritage as specific and as general I am grateful.  For I was once not a part of anything .... I was lost and alone. As it is in 1 Peter 2:10.    
English Standard Version 
Once you were not a people, but now you are God’s people; once you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy.

We are the people of God. Chosen and dearly loved. You are my brothers and sisters. You are my family.  You are my heritage. May we walk forward worthy of the calling if Children if God.  

No comments: