Thursday, December 30, 2010

His rule and His authority are most delightful.... His "no" so very needed

I love the aspect of God that brings His tenderness and His passion into that which surrounds me and yet this morning it was different.... 

There were times when Jim and I would sit in this one living room of a house we lived in in NJ   and the presence of God would be so thick that we couldn't even see each other across the room....

When we went to sell that house people would come in and after awhile know it wasn't for them and yet they would stand in that room and not want to leave.. And not know why......

This morning His presence felt the most like that that I have felt in a while..... While He carries His affections with Him always,  He also carries His authority and this morning it was so more about His authority...

The sheer strength of it had me on the floor .... And this was what it was about....

I love His affections..... I don't think I could find my breath without His tenderness... Yet He is also  Lord...

And out of my mouth I began to pray... 

Father I do not just receive Your compassion... I do not just receive Your affections... I do not just receive Your love... I receive Your right to tell me no, Your capacity to put me on the most narrow of roads... I receive Your correction, Your discipline, Your authority..... I want You to shape me ... I want You to lead me, I want Your no in my life as much as I hunger for Your affection.... You are my God and I submit to You as such.... 

There is a season coming where we will become very well acquainted with the fear of the Lord and realize that The gentle Lamb is also the very one who ordered the Universe and by His word it is held together....

We want to walk in His magnificent gifts and yet do we watch our tongues and the words that come out of our mouths?  We want to see His amazing manifestations and yet how do we measure up when it comes to basic Christian character or the principal of love? 

Here's part of the deal... We need to know His extravagant love so that we can receive His rule in our lives.... His rule within our lives isn't restrictive it is a glorious thing.... 

We need to embrace both the astonishing love of God and His right to call us to conform to His image ... Within those things He will manifest His Kingdom and His presence and It will be an awesome thing ....

No comments: