Friday, December 17, 2010

The First of Ten Things

THE FIRST OF TEN THINGS...............

So I often get asked about connecting to the Father.... How does one not just hear and see but the questions go beyond that ... they are lifestyle questions .... so here a very simple .. try this sort of thing....

Because here lies my absolute top pet peeve...... THERE ARE NO SPECIAL ONES... NO ENTITLED ONES.... THE CROSS OPENED THE WAY FOR ALL ... LET ME SAY THAT AGAIN .... ALL... TO WALK WITH GOD ... IT IS NOT FOR THE ELITE FEW .... I get so sad when people start listing names and say well.... they hear, see... etc... etc... NO IT IS FOR ALL ... EVERYONE.....


FIRST

Admit need.... I need Him.. unabashedly need Him and I admit that need .... I look for Him the first thing I do every morning... I set my mind on Him.. for me I don't want to live my day without Him... I don't compartmentalize my faith and set it aside for a hour or two here or there... HE is the air I breath.... moment by moment I expect to walk with Him... This is a habit that I have cultivated.... READ Brother Lawrence's Practicing the Presence of God... or something I learned from John Paul was "THINK GOD" He put a little sticky note on his watch and when he went to check the time he would see "THINK GOD"

WHAT ARE SOME THINGS YOU DO TO WALK WITH THE FATHER? HOW ELSE CAN WE ADMIT NEED?

1 comment:

mims said...

"I wish I had never been born," she said. "What are we born for?" "For infinite happiness," said the Spirit. "You can step out into it at any moment..."

CS LEWIS The Great Divorce

STEP into it every and any moment