Tuesday, December 28, 2010

I lost a life I couldn't keep and I live a life lost forever hidden in You

It is not that the landscapes of life are without their curious twists and turns.. It is that I am intimate with the one who makes them straight....

I have learned that the twists and turns that He does not make straight are twists and turns I need to journey through .... In so learning I have seen that trusting Him through everything is the best action that I could ever take...  Watching Him watching me take His hand and journey through whatever the terrain may be says this.... 

I don't even notice the terrain any more....I don't see that is the valley of the shadow of death... Or if it is truly the road to the cross and death itself.... I don't see if it is a mountain top or a green pasture filled with plenty .... I don't see any of that any more because all I see is Your gaze... Your beautiful, amazing, strengthening gaze and Your love that lives within it...

We walk ... That's what we do... We walk together here until we walk together there and we journey and we walk... Because You live and because You gaze and because You hold my hand I have been lost ... I lost a life I couldn't keep and I live a life lost forever hidden in You

No comments: