Saturday, January 1, 2011

loved and led..................

It is intimacy with God that brings forth a holiness not born out of religion but out of a bond so strong that it does not see the "no" but rejoices in the identifying with that which He is.... It is this intimacy that will bring eyes fixed upon Him ... that will birth hearts that adore Him.... minds transformed by Him.... a will so filled with courage that the choices made are fixed upon that which He would will... it is not a burden or a task to be done but rather one to be.... to exist...

To acknowledge what a treasure we are that that which we aren't we couldn't even touch... we wouldn't want to... that we would see that which is contrary to our new nature recognize it as foreign and death and not hunger to touch it.....

I don't know how to tell you how I got here specifically because it wasn't a statement of highly effective habits or any five or ten year plan..... if I were to say anything I fostered hunger.... that can't settle for anything but that which is truly real..... I wanted to know how one could know Him and as deeply as one could know and love Him I wanted to discover.......

I wanted to look through the mist of enticements and reach out to find the most authentic aspect of that which He was and so become that which He hungers for me to be.... and that has become the driving force that I will not release or let go of..... because as I have journeyed I have only found more and more joy...

the road seemingly becomes narrower but in my delight it doesn't matter... for even a path that only allows me to place one foot in front of the other and not stand with two feet side by side is that which I hunger for if it brings me further into the reality of all that He is.... I don't feel burdened by religious notions or by any formula of spiritual discipline I feel loved and led.... and that is all I need.........

No comments: