Sunday, January 30, 2011

Commodity Trading

Commodity Trading 


There have been words stirring in my head this week that I honestly don't even fully understand ....


But there are aspects to it that have broken my heart and while I have attempted to write on several occasions I have failed miserably


How does one determine worth or value?  So many factors come into  place...  While I might place great value on a specific attribute to another it might hold no worth.....


Yet the aspect that broke my heart was the commodity trading within the Body of Christ... But the picture I saw was not of one using commodities but of ones selling themselves as a commodity .... 


I just simply don't have the ability to bring this forward but this I must say even if it is spit out incoherently ....


Be a son... Be a daughter.... To lessen oneself to a product that can be used is to not stand in ones full stature..... While all would agree with that statement ... We sell ourselves constantly ... For acceptance ... Love ... Approval ... 


We sell ourselves as commodities to the highest bidder and it is sad....


You aren't worth something because you can sing, prophesy, help, teach, etc etc  And if you gain worth because of those things you are setting yourself up for great sadness.....  Huge fluctuations within the markets of men will cause great sorrow within your soul.... 


I have watched and seen as people rise in favor with man  and with it self esteem ... I have seen that same self esteem dashed to pieces as man's favor ebbed away more than flowed....


Rather I would say be a Daniel... Who within a strange culture defined himself as God would have him do so..... Daniel would walk and minister in the courts of kings and then into obscurity he would venture .... I believe Daniel knew the secret that favor with our God is a stabilizing factor and it doesn't matter who else knows you if you are known by God .... 


Rather I would have a day walking in the favor and authority of God than years of the same with man.....  While we see both become necessary as Jesus grew in both.... Our Lord never sold himself as less than what He was and He defined Himself as belonging to the Father... 


You aren't a commodity to sell ... You are a son... A daughter ... Who flows with the life of the Kingdom... Walking as such is a place of freedom .. You aren't defined by what you do... Your worth was set by God and it isn't something that fluctuates 

No comments: