Saturday, January 8, 2011

Part 3

Before The Hundred Days Were Even A Thought ......... Part Three

All had fallen apart.... my mind so blank as I sat in a corner in the back hallway of the psychiatric ward............ curled up into a ball just looking out the window... links to my life were coming back tomorrow and there was nothing I could do about it.... there was nothing I could do to escape my body... my life....

The day turned into evening and to another window I would go towards.... I was in my room ... staring out the barred window and looking out onto the street below me I saw the pavement wet from a current rain fall.... the street lamp lighting up the night and illuminating the misty atmosphere............

I don't know what was in my heart at that moment that would cause me to start speaking forth words towards an unknown deity.... but words started to spill out of my mouth..... I began to ask if He was real... I began to say that if He was and if He would come to me than I would give Him everything .... I would give Him my life...... If He would just come to me.... The words weren't out of my mouth when a light and a presence entered that room and surrounded me with a strength and a warmth and a reality so full of beauty and wonder ..... In that moment I knew five things..... I knew there was a God... I knew it had to do about Jesus Christ... I knew it had to do with the bible ... the cross... and that He was going to lead me somewhere that was going to teach me more about all that was happening around me.......

I had met the one who had knit me together in my mother's womb.. I had met the one who had known me before the foundations of the world.... I had met the one who sang over me... who loved me more than words could ever think to describe.... who thousands of years before had loved me and for the joy that was set before Him endured death upon a cross so that that moment could happen.... I had met Jesus and from that moment forward though there would be rough terrains to still walk upon I had grabbed a hold of one who had pursued me relentlessly all the days of my life and we began to walk together.......

No comments: