Thursday, January 6, 2011

Turned Myself In

So interesting the things that dreams stir up.......

So I awoke from a dream where I was turning myself into the authorities and being taken away to jail.... 

Uhm.... Mims that doesn't sound good ... Oh on the contrary .... 

Taking the dream apart .... To be arrested...  Well I like two definitions of that word.... First one states ... Seize, capture... To be taken into custody by authority or law.....

Secondly......  To arrest attention, to catch suddenly and engagingly ....

I willingly place myself into the state if being arrested.... I want all that I am to be taken captive by the Lord's authority.... I want Him to possess my attention and my affections ....

The state of being arrested..... Equals confined rights.... Confined actions.... Limited choice....  I choose that..... I choose Him and His ways.....

Authority.... I value godly authority in my life and I value God's authority in my life....

 He created me.... Does the pot say to the potter mold me and shape me this way or that ... No! It sits on the wheel and allows the pressure of the potter's fingers to create the piece of work that is in the heart and mind of the maker ....

So I've turned my life in ..... This life is not my own to keep... I place myself under the authority of He who is my Lord and King....... Father..... Creator .... I wouldn't have life outside of Him.... I don't want life outside of Him...

I submit to His rule and reign... To the confinement of living in His house...... 

There are other things the dream says but the primary lesson for the heart is 


... We are going to serve something in this life... Whether it be our own interests or the interests of the world or the interests of man or the interests of God ..... 


He may arrest me and my affections any time... I choose Him... I want my affections subject to His authority.... His rule and reign in my life is that which I seek and hunger after.....

No comments: