Saturday, December 19, 2009

What does this look like to you Lord ... In my life ... How does this play out?

"Is not this the kind of fasting I have chosen:
to loose the chains of injustice
and untie the cords of the yoke,
to set the oppressed free
and break every yoke?

What injustice do you see in my town or area that I could make a difference in?
What chains? What cords can I untie... in my life.. in the lives of my kids.. in the lives of my family... neighbors? Community?

Where does oppression feed itself in my back yard? Have I been blind? Have I not seen?

Lord show me how in my life does this play itself out... Keep my eyes open to suffering.....

There are places where the injustices are obvious and we can call and write and visit.... but what about here in on my street? In my town? Maybe not so obvious... maybe we are better at hiding it... looking the other way.... Keeping things clean around us so we don't have to see... But where Lord ... where ... I don't want to blind or ignorant....

No comments: