Friday, December 18, 2009

Isn't this just a given ... a mathematical equation... and a real confession of what I am not

Now I don't know math at all... I have a sister in law who is amazing at it but me not so much... so I guess a given is something that just is true.... in some geometric term... so sorry Joanne..
So because of my ignorance I went searching....

here is what I found.....

It means that whatever "it" is, it was already assumed true from the beginning, and no one needed to prove it.

It basically means that something is understood to be true, or is widely known, or is certain.

Well.. isn't it a given that Christian = love.... uhm, sadly not the case... I don't have to tell anybody that...... the equation ends up equaling some far different.....

You know what... I am a selfish person.. I like my time, my things, my way.... I like my opinions... I like being right... I am inpatient.... like to hold a grudge.... like to think I am right .... I am envious.. I am boastful... I am jealous.. I am self seeking... I am easily angered... can I say I delight in evil and falsehood .. I don't know about that one... but I do know I don't always rejoice with the truth...... I want it to be my version of the truth.... I can be rude... I can be proud.... I don't always protect... I am quick to judge.....I don't always hope and I certainly don't always persevere... I want my way.. I want it now... I don't want to endure all things......

That is me... take a good picture ... that is me..... These five days have only shown me how much that was me before I put before God and myself that I was going to see what living 100 days in love would do......

So I am thinking of others more already and looking for opportunities to be the hands and feet of the one whose name I want to bare........ words and writing are easy for me... this is not easy for me... so I purposefully choose moment after moment... when I feel selfishness creeping in .. I nip it in the bud... I didn't do that before..... when I want to be angry about something or think I have a right to feel a certain way I examine it much more carefully... usually realizing that it wasn't as important as I thought it all was......

So love and living love and making those choices as a Christian it isn't a given... it is a purposeful action for me.... a choice to be made....

No comments: