Wednesday, December 30, 2009

the possibility for the marvelous is always nothing more than a breathe and a choice away...... even in a day that was just a day

There are some days that are just days... that is what I have thought about today as I have thought about today.... the same old things... kids squabbling... errands that need to be run, conversations that need to be had..... etc, etc, etc...... in the mundane moments of everyday life, comes the opportunity to embrace the second and turn it into something more......

It is in the mundane that the possibility for something more exists.... it is always there..... I admit that being tired often steals that from me.... weariness... the day.. the kids... and it takes energy to overcome .. to pause... to think .... to create..... but the moments that are created are always more precious and the fact that they happened always an incredible feeling...

Laying on the sofa sometimes the last thing I want to do is begin to read a book to one of the kids... I want a moment of quiet solitude... a moment for me..... but if I raise myself from that state and pick up that book and cuddle with that child ... I am never disappointed and that moment is better that it existed then if it hadn't..... Truth be told I have to take the deep breath and remind myself of that fact as I push myself up from the sofa and embrace that child... but in that choice life flows and so does joy...

Creativity is piercing the mundane to find the marvelous..... ( Bill Moyers)

The marvelous always exists... the possibility for the marvelous is always nothing more than a breathe and a choice away......

So as I end this day that was just a day..... I think to myself.. I am fortunate.. I am fortunate and blessed... family and friends and joy exist in my day to day world.... and if I choose to do so I can pull upon creativity ... scrap the bottom of the barrel of energy and find what it will take and choose the marvelous....

No comments: