Friday, June 28, 2013

The many things I am

I once was more full of boasting.  I would declare that it would be me out of the boat walking upon water, it would be me knowing and making the declaration that He was the Christ, I would be liken unto Simeon and Anna who would behold the baby at the temple, I would have known to follow the stars to the manger, I would have stayed at the foot of the cross....


If you have read my blog for any length of time, you know that I love the movie, The Four Feathers.  The more recent version.  And by recent I mean 2002.  It was a powerful movie for a community that I was a part of back then.  The summary that is given upon a movie website says this:

A British officer resigns his post just before battle and subsequently receives four white feathers from his friends and fiancee as symbols of what they believe to be his cowardice.

He had been training.  His father was an important man in the British military.  He had friends.  He was strong.  Yet at the moment when he was called up.. his fear got the best of him.  It changed his life forever.  He, alone, then goes after them.. and the story emerges from there.  



At one point he entered a prison to "rescue"  his friends but only ends up working now in the camp as well.  When another character, Abu Fatma, comes across him first in the desert alone and then visits him in the camp, we see some truly moving clips.  My favorite comes towards the end of the movie...



I don't walk so proudly now....  That line fills and saturates my being.

Maybe it was the way I was saved.  Maybe it was the life I lived before knowing God.. But in areas there was confidence in what He had placed within my life.  Confidence I would know Him, confidence in how to walk with Him, confidence in the gifting and things He had placed within...

The only thing I truly remain confident of is that He who began a good work within me will carry it to completion.  I am confident in Him.  He began something, He works on it day after day, and He will complete it... I am the workmanship of God... period, there is nothing more or less than that.


I am His daughter.  

My attentions are no longer upon my capacity to do or not do.  My attention, my focus, my capacity is and must be solely found in Him.  There is no longer a place of boasting.. except in Him.  

I am His child.

In those four words are encompassed more volumes then could ever be written.  Childlike faith is where I aim for these days.  He is saying it, or it has been said...  then that is what I breathe.  


I don't walk so proudly now...


I am trained.  Years and decades and life have had me in the placement of walking out that which He placed within.  But beyond anything I realize this... I realize more and more that I no longer truly live but Christ lives in me ...  I am His. Period.  I am His...  He is the potter and I am the clay.  But clay elevated to daughter....


I am His masterpiece.  He is at work.  


I am one whose work it is to trust.. trust and love....


May I be one whose eyes see as He sees, May I be one whose ears hear what He hears, May I be one whose heart feels what He feels, May I be one whose feet go where He goes, May I be one whose hands touch what He touches...

Out of all the many things I am... May I be one who walks not proudly upon the earth but walks as He walks... always and forever...  May I be one



No comments: