Saturday, June 22, 2013

Structure and spirit...... Whose name are you called by?

My days now begin every morning at 5:30am (est).  In the hours while my home is quiet and the sun is just breaking through the atmosphere of the night, I retreat to my downstairs and I spend time with some amazing people that are a part of the online ministry my husband and I run.  Geography and time zones separate us but it is as if we are in each other's family rooms.

StirTheWater.com is an online interactive training website that hungers to equip and empower people to understand the supernatural movings of the Lord.  Whether it be through training people to understand their dreams or a vision that they have had, a supernatural experience or something seen; our passion resides with the sons and daughters of God.


In entering into this component of ministry, this daily devotional, we are embarking on an endeavor to bring the disciplines of prayer, meditation, along with study of the word to those that join us.  Whether the members participate live or listen to the daily recordings, I felt led to offer a consistent daily time when we could gather together and seek the Lord.


My concern in taking on such an endeavor was that the activity would become rout.  How can one embrace the consistency of something without then just doing it out of duty or obligation?  How could I maintain the life giving flow of such a thing without bogging it down in too much structure? How can the same activity have life to it day after day?


For some of you it might be a no brainer but this isn't for me... and the importance of it to my heart is large.  But as I step day by day I understand more and more.. I have set the structure, through prayer and seeking God I laid the frame work and now day by day it gets filled in the same way.  Seeking... Ever seeking Him..


Daily... hourly.. bit by bit and moment by moment, and there are plenty of moments that just get laid out into life and upon the path because I walk... I walk hoping that in my knowledge of Him and in the history we have shared it has birthed the way to walk.  At other times there is specific revelation and I try to follow that as best as I know how and have the courage for...


There are things I can do... There are things only He can do...


Today I found myself within Psalm 65:

And starting at verse 9, my heart and head hungered...

You visit the earth and cause it to overflow;
You greatly enrich it;
The stream of God is full of water;
You prepare their grain, for thus You prepare the earth.
You water its furrows abundantly,
You settle its ridges,
You soften it with showers,
You bless its growth.
You have crowned the year with Your bounty,
And Your paths drip with fatness.
The pastures of the wilderness drip,
And the hills gird themselves with rejoicing.
The meadows are clothed with flocks
And the valleys are covered with grain;
They shout for joy, yes, they sing.


What I can do ...

SIT

WAIT

SHOW UP

HOPE

BELIEVE

HUNGER


What He can do...

Read these words again:

You visit the earth and cause it to overflow;
You greatly enrich it;
The stream of God is full of water;
You prepare their grain, for thus You prepare the earth.
You water its furrows abundantly,
You settle its ridges,
You soften it with showers,
You bless its growth.
You have crowned the year with Your bounty,
And Your paths drip with fatness.
The pastures of the wilderness drip,
And the hills gird themselves with rejoicing.
The meadows are clothed with flocks
And the valleys are covered with grain;
They shout for joy, yes, they sing.


I am more and more convinced that I will show up.. continue to show up .. regardless of many things day after day I will sit and wait and linger ... I have determined within my heart to be as Moses.. Unless the Lord goes before I will not step.. Unless He hedges in from behind I will not go.. If He is my God and I am called by His name then... well, then there must be the place where I wait.. I wait for Him... I set up a framework but He is the entire picture and if He doesn't show up then it is empty vanity ...  


If in John 5 Jesus says He can do nothing apart from the Father.. How dare I try?  So I set up a structure.. a morning devotional.. I set up a place.. my life, and I wait ... I walk and do that which I know to and yet within that walk and within that doing I continually pause to watch and to wait and to lay before Him.  That is how I find structure and spirit to co exist in a life giving fullness.  


I do not want to presume upon Him that He will bless my good ideas but I will present my ideas and allow Him to bring forth life.....



No comments: