Tuesday, March 13, 2012

When I am fading... when I am not going to last... A Hollywood script gets it right....

The picture flashed before my mind and I had to go look up the script to see what it said exactly....  There is much I appreciate from the Lord of The Rings movies but this part is actually one of my favorites.. although I had never thought of it from the perspective that was currently hitting my heart.... I love the scene at the river where the water forms into horses... but today I kept thinking about how I thought that  in the script  Erowyn speaks of getting Frodo to her father....

So today I actually looked it up... and this is the line, "He's fading.. he's not going to last. We must get him to my father."

I thought of stories I have heard about revivalists ... having not even arrived into the town they were headed to people were being saved....  I thought of Peter's mother in law being healed... I thought of the lame walking and those that were lepers being cleansed and healed .....

"He's fading... he's not going to last. We must get him to my father..."

It is recorded in the gospel of John... "Do not let your heart be troubled, nor let it be fearful. You heard that I said to you, ‘I go away, and I will come to you.’ If you loved Me, you would have rejoiced because I go to the Father, for the Father is greater than I." John 14:28....


Or the prayer Jesus spoke as He taught us to pray...
Our Father who is in heaven,
Hallowed be Your name.
 ‘Your kingdom come.
Your will be done,
On earth as it is in heaven. 


Those words... "our Father..." 


They fill my heart with such delight... His will.. His ways... upon the earth as they are in Heaven... 


I stand in the gap between the already and the not yet... learning the lessons of  endurance and how it strengthens but truly hungering for His ways to be upon my life and my days all the more....


We must get him to my father.....


Those words....  how can I best help those in need? How can I best walk my days no matter what they entail? How can I face all that is to be faced? How do we walk upon the earth?


We must get to the Father.....  His ways greater... perfect... amazing...  where He dwells there is no need... where He is present there is no lack... no hunger... no tears.. no sickness....


We must get to the Father....  when I am fading... when I feel as though I can not last but another moment... I must get to the Father... His strength.. His glory.. His beauty... His tenderness... His compassion.. His power... His might.... when I can't .. He can..


My Father who resides in the Heavens.. Your name is amazing...  may Your ways manifest upon the earth without interruption ... may the earth know Your ways as Heaven beholds them..... 


Psalm 16 puts it this way...
You will make known to me the path of life;
In Your presence is fullness of joy;
In Your right hand there are pleasures forever.


His presence changes all things... and all things are changed by His presence.....

May it come all the more.....

No comments: