Sunday, March 18, 2012

Father has bestowed such great love....

He appeared in the doorway and drew my eyes up to Himself.... stretching out His hand He beckoned me to release myself to Him....  We smiled... and in those moments I kept my eyes glued to Him ... to His strength.. to His hand...

It had been a while since we walked together and then we were there... and the moment I knew I was no longer seeing Him here but we were walking there I closed my eyes and took so many very deep breaths...

He motioned for me to sit down and like two old very dear friends we sat upon a blanket and just chatted... just chatted about everything....  listening to Him talk about the birds of the air and flowers of the field... listening to Him talk about everything and nothing... listening to His laughter... listening to Him.... just listening to Him... I love how well He knows us... I have a dear friend who when I get on the phone with her I usually ask her just to talk....  because I love hearing about her day.. and her life.. but beyond that I love the sound of her voice... it makes me happy... the sound of her voice makes me happy... and hearing about her life and what is happening while I get to hear her voice makes me all the happier... 

And as I sat there on the blanket I realized that was what He was doing... He was talking.. He was talking and telling me all these wonderful things because He knew that I just wanted to hear Him talk....  and while I could tell there would be things He would want me to hear... I knew those would be later... for now... now it was just about showing His joy and His delight in us.... and Him knowing me so well to know that simply by talking He was filling my heart with joy and peace and delight...

Oh I listened.... I listened and listened and listened... I could have sat there forever just listening and the thought that one day I will only served to increase the joy.... 

The perfect moments passed by and then I laid down on the blanket and kept listening to Him talk away... I just wanted Him to talk and talk and talk and never stop.....  I must have fallen asleep for I woke to the most beautiful of fragrances...  and He was still there...  There was so much rejuvenation in the air... and it was so easy to focus on Him and be with Him....  The cares of the world had faded so quickly in this place ... and without words I knew what He had wooed me to understand.... 

There was not one iota of chastisement... just the most beautiful of all knowing looks...  as if He was reading scripture to me and speaking His knowledge of how I am made.. and that I am but dust.. more grace... more kindness.. so much more kindness that I didn't know what to do...

Then as if that wasn't enough... we were no longer in the meadows but we were in the most magnificent of places... and it drew me in... He had brought me to Father and even stepping into that place... one footstep into that place and something .. something I can not describe soared into my being from the bottom of my foot upwards.... 

Liquid love saturated the air and I stood there... not getting wet as with a shower but being penetrated by His affections.. I just stood there... I stood there and allowed the washing of His ways and His words to flow over me and through me and into me and surround me and strengthen and uplift me... 

His strength knows no limits and in those places with Him there is no doubt about that... ah.. I understood even more.. my eyes were being opened as were Elisha's servant... to the reality of the unseen.... to the reality of that which I am...

I am His daughter.... and while I live upon the earth.. it doesn't get to declare it's hold on me.. I had desperately entered His chambers... I had desperate need of Him and in turning to Him He dealt bountifully with me....  I can lay down now and be at peace.. because in His presence is fullness of joy and His strength overshadows me... 

He drew me beyond myself tonight into His sweetest of embraces and restored my soul... oh how I had such desperate need of such sweetness...  and in my need I was not left wanting... but was filled beyond what I could have even hoped or asked for.... 







No comments: