Thursday, March 22, 2012

Permission

He reduced me to tears... He brought me to my knees and clinging to Him I just wept....  Holding onto the cloth of His garments in my hands ... leaning my whole weight into Him and just collapsing myself against Him....

His goodness .. His kindness had overwhelmed me.... and I was undone ..

So often aware of propriety and the correct way to behave... so so very often having felt the consequences of  something not going perfectly... so desperately performing life and expectations and failing miserably on the insides.. and at times the outsides too...

In these moments with Him I knew.. I knew the safety .. the affection.. the absolute unconditional love that He grants... and the strength of that love that filtered and flowed into my being...

In those moments He granted permission that I had never given to myself... He looked me in the eyes and with so much of that which He is He looked at me and seeing me He spoke for me to walk... and in those few but very powerful words permission was granted into my heart to be the me He created for me to be... Not a me that performed or a me that felt expectation but me.... not to apologize for me (as I so often felt that I needed to do ... apologize that I lived.. that I breathed..that I took up time...  that I whatever you will fill in the blank) but no longer feeling like a mistake that took up air the reality of being His co-heir and our Father's daughter saturated my soul... and soaked me... and filled me.. and I could feel the change it was bringing to bare.....

He does.. He changes us and changes us and changes us.. all by His perfecting love that looks at fear and casts it off far far away...

Again the acknowledgement that I am His and live in a land of grace and mercy flowed over me like living waters and I was washed in His tremendous flow of love.....

1 comment:

Terry said...

I very much enjoyed reading your written thoughts. They so resemble mine in so many ways as I'm sure many could be included in that count. You have a nice usage of words in order to draw one closer to what you are saying and, at the same time, be eager to read on. Thank you for sharing your heart and for encouraging us in our passage on this earth.