Monday, March 26, 2012

The Kindnesses of the Wildernesses.. Lessons learned Part 2: It would have been legitimacy in what I could do but an illegitimate child I would have been


I think of Moses' invitation to all... inclusive.... to the nation … come into the deep darknesses of God with me.. and they bid him go... out of fear they bid him go and come back to tell them.... as all powerful and somewhat terrifying as the deep darknesses of my Father are I desire to linger there... in His presence... in His midst.... To be known as His... to be identified as one whose God is with her.... His presence.. His display.. His character... His passions.. His desires... Him... He... possessed.... solely by His desires... His presence...

Again the congregation wanted a king.... their King had set the stars in their place and yet flesh cried out even if it meant slavery.... even if it meant servitude instead of sonship... they wanted to be told what to do.. they wanted to be like the other nations... Instead of THE NATION.... the nation whose “god” is the Lord of lords.... and King of Kings.....

Other nations saw it... saw it as they crossed the Jordan.. saw it as the walls of Jericho fell down... saw it as He went out before them... other nations saw it .. saw them... saw their God... the other nations knew and were terrified and yet those called to be His.. those that were His desired to be like the other nations..... intermingling with their cultures.. their comforts... while all the while.. having .. belonging.. being called to the One who formed all the nations and to whom all nations and tongues will bow....

I have been that person... I have been there....

And the years that all that was being peeled off were not pleasant.. they were painful.. they were full of sadness... they were lonely..... who I am kidding... there are still the days full of pain and sadness but time has taught me that they pass and that the comforts I might desire to reach out to upon the earth are all but too temporary.

So now in that place now I know beyond where I have ever known before where to go.. what to attach to.. and are there still the times my soul desires to attach to other things.. of course.. but now I know the riches of binding myself to the Most High... above all else... above all and anything I could or would ever do.... above anyone I could or would ever meet or spend time with.. above anything .. above anywhere.... He is creating within an understanding of the wealth of being a daughter.... and in this birthing of understanding I am watching as I perish no longer... for lack of understanding I perished.. but as understanding has come so has the Tree of Life and He has been firmly rooted and planted inside my inner most being......

So I praise Him for I am wonderfully and fearfully made.. and my soul knows it well..... and my soul knows it well...

His goodness .. His lovingkindness.. His shadow... His affections... His.. His … His... they follow me... they encamp about me... they shelter me.... not works... not things... not people.... Him... The Lord Most High.... ... who being God did not see equality with God as something to be grasped but laid down His life to serve.... He has shown me such a better way..... and this is the way …. I will walk in it.....

No comments: