Monday, March 26, 2012

The Kindnesses of the Wilderness... Lessons learned Part 1: It would have been legitimacy in what I could do but an illegitimate child I would have been


The picture of skeletons was what I woke up to this morning... one had duck tape over it's eyes... one had duck tape over it's mouth.... and one had duck tape binding it's hands... then there was a fourth skeleton... that skeleton had a golden rope wrapped around it's neck... and the Lord spoke and said that could have been you...... (that could have been me)

I knew what He was saying.... and the journey of the last years and especially the journey of this last season was brought into a depth within me that fell into my core..... these times are forming and fashioning me and in this time I walk more ever so close...... my eyes have seen and my heart has been made full and bound to His side is where I desire to tread.....

I've been carried around His neck whence my legs could not bare the wait to be walked upon and in that place my eyes were opened to a reality of being carried by Him that only continues to permeate into the fabric of my being.....

The skeletons... the skeletons... these not dry bones... these are those that for many a reason are blinded and muted and bound.... the golden necklace is worldly prizes... but in this case when Father spoke to me it was not worldly prizes .. although the prizes had worldly touches upon them... it was ministry.. ministry being looked at as a prize.. something to be grasped... something to attain to..... something to be possessed....

Without the kindnesses of the wildernesses I have walked through a while back I would be but that person.... identity in ministry.. in works.... legitimacy in what I could do but an illegitimate child... performance would have been my prison.... insecurity my shackles.....

Instead in this season I have walked within the reality of a prayer.... Father... other gods have ruled over me and I have wanted a king … other comforts I have sought … forgive me King of Kings and God over all creation... forgive me oh holiest of Comforters..... The One who is far more able to grant comfort....

In this place my being is saturated with peace... Because no longer am I limited to my capacity... no longer am I limited to that which I personally comprehend.... In abiding.. all is mine.... in abiding and dwelling not ownership not possession but by being dwelling ... by abiding.. I liken it to the dance... He in me and I in Him... 

It truly has been the most excellent kindnesses of God within the wilderness and while grateful to emerge... I have emerged leaning... leaning all the more... lessons of the wildernesses embraced....  upon Him and through His grace ever leaning....  I could go on and on.... weakness becoming strength because it is His... lack becoming full because of Him....  ignorance or lack of knowledge becoming wisdom because He possesses all....  and gives ever ever so freely.....

No comments: