Wednesday, November 30, 2011

In my Father's house.......

My hand fell upon the banister... I was immediately aware of where it was that I was... and a faint smile crossed my face.... it was quiet and I was alone... I leaned over the railing and looked down to see the great hall.... and the beautiful huge wooden door that led out onto the front lawn....

Immediately... immediately my awareness of this place filled me and saturated all that I am... My Father's house... My Home....

I walked alongside .. fingers lingering and touching the wooden rail.... dazed off with remembrances of how this place.. how this home so affects me....

The quiet of the place was slightly strange as I couldn't remember it ever being so still before... the air hung with beauty and a vibrancy and yet a stillness and peace so tangible...

In my Father's house is many rooms.... smiling as I thought of the words of Jesus spoken so long ago.. looking here and there and yet standing in the great hallway.... All standing still...

In my Father's house.... My... I belong and I can linger and walk the place as one who is entitled to do so.... Father .. He .. Him... beautiful... perfect love.. perfect love and power and authority.... house.. Home... need I say any more... Home...

I slipped my shoes off and walked the cool floors and allowed the beauty of the moment to permeate all that is me.... In my Father's house....

In my Father's house..... I find rest for my soul....

There are moments I am filled with the discovery of aspects of the Kingdom... and there are moments I am put into awe at the wonderment of the Lord... there are moments when I am enraptured by His brilliance.. and kindness and generosity .... And then there are moments where kindness really does do its wooing towards Him...

In my Father's house... I am home.... rest... In my Father's house I stand.. sit... pause.. wonder... breathe... In that place I remember... In my Father's house being ever aware of Him and His love and His presence I am no more and no less than His girl... His own...

In my Father's house... He is there... and I partake of His majesty and His glory.. and experience the wonderful delight of His love....

In my Father's house there is joy.... In my Father's house there is beauty... In His house.. I just love those words ... In my Father's house ... to delight at being at home where He is ... where Father abides that is where you will find me... In my Father's house

No comments: