Wednesday, November 16, 2011

This posture I embrace..

And His eye is on the sparrow and it watches over me.... The reality of our Father courses through me.... Pulls my attention from being earth bound and draws all that I am to an awareness of a love so powerful and so great that there is no measurable way to define it....

The days and times hold within them situations and scenarios that would try to counter all that is true and all that is strong.... perspective gets challenged.. opposition screams in my ear... and each time.. each time I feel like I have just gotten my feet back underneath me there is another opportunity before me to choose what am I going to believe....

I sit before my computer within these early evening hours and ponder events that have fallen upon my life these last few days and within this season... So much calls for my attention .. so much screams for me to be aware of it and feel the weight of it and focus upon the events and what they would desire to dictate... In exhaustion I falter under the lies and the push.. The demand... but even in those moments .. in those moments whether they find me weeping or worshiping or both.. I am determined that my posture throughout my days and times no matter what they should bring is one of leaning....

Leaning not on my own understanding ... In all my ways acknowledging Him.. Having been drawn into the wilderness and having been spoken tenderly to I desire to emerge leaning upon Him.. leaning upon Him.. His truth.. His reality.. Having touched my weakness .. my need for His strength is prominent upon my days... But this posture I embrace...

I have touched my weakness and in this place I have wept and worshiped.. afraid yet pushing through to the truth that because of His great care of me I need not be afraid... I have touched my need and in this place I have watched the strength of the body displayed as I sat.. sitting in my weakness .. sitting in a place of need I watched as others manifested His love and His strength and His care and His compassion for me....

I am not through this valley... these days hold within them challenges ... challenges that cause me to wonder and to question ... challenges that would either pull me away or push me towards... I am being pushed towards... Decision made...

This posture I embrace... I embrace Him... I embrace trust though I falter.. I embrace love though I fear.. I embrace Him though I lack ... His declarations are that I lack no good thing and that is the truth upon which I stand... In these days and times and seasons and circumstances I lift my head .. my eyes to the mountains because from there flows forth my help.. Maker of Heaven and Earth rising upon the terrain of my life and pulling towards His ways...

His eyes are upon the sparrow and He watches over me.. I heard Him whisper that a few days back and I believe it...I believe that He is watching over me ... His eyes upon me... calling me towards the knowledge of His great loving kindness .. calling me forward upon the journey to become like Him...

He watches over me.. He sees me.. He knows me.. He knows my every thought... My every deed and that does not put fear into my heart it shouts comfort.... because my weakness isn't surprising to Him.. He knows we are but dust.. but we are so much more than that which the dirt would say.

I take this posture... I turn towards Him and I look towards Him and I decide to lean.. to listen to His heartbeat .. to place all my weight upon Him for Him to carry... I walk that close... I take that posture.. the lean... the embrace.. the strength that comes from acknowledging weakness...

His eyes are on the sparrow... and He watches over me....

No comments: