Monday, November 28, 2011

He is the way home... Always... my orientation is made complete

The soil seemed so foreign... the terrain unfamiliar... sitting back and looking out towards the horizon a new day was declaring its arrival ... the people watching it begin could barely take it in... they were like those spoken of in the psalms we were like unto those who dreamed... our mouths were filled with laughter...

Having known slavery... having known lack and having lived with hopes deferred they were beholding the beginning of a new time...

The reality of the Kingdom of God was touching upon created soil once again.. and the joy that declared that reality forth from the Heavens reverberated throughout all time...

Nothing would ever be the same again.. ever.... fallen earth was receiving her King... those who had known great darkness and despair were watching a declaration of new life... light and liberty...

Daily... daily .. moment by moment .. living .. believing... anticipating... the breaking forth of a new dawn.. a moment...

I need Him ... I desire Him..I desire to know the reality of Him... deeper .. fuller... I ask that my eyes would see Him more clearly and my heart would know Him more fully...

A chorus of angels declaration upon the earth... does it still reverberate throughout the air? The reality of the incarnation... the depth of transformation brought forth with the resurrection... I want to hear the song of the angels... I want to behold the birth of a new time ... I want to grasp the gift and power of redemption bought with the cross...

He is Creator.. Father.. Redeemer.. Friend... and I need Him.. I acknowledge the need... how much I don't know.. how much I know that I don't live ... The precious reality that He grants nothing more amazing.. beholding Him and beckoning Him... desiring Him..

I was reminded this weekend to be faithful even while He might tarry... who do I belong to? Whose am I? Am I only His when I understand? Am I only His while comprehension is upon me? Am I only His when it is convenient ? Or despite circumstances and situations ..... Do I live as His? Always ? Always His? Oh how I desire that.. desire to be found faithful...

Even when the terrain doesn't seem different and even when the realities of the day would seem to speak louder than the reality of all time... to which direction do I live.. and which voice gets to be heard with my ears and granted access to my heart....

He is my perfect orientation and when I falter in finding footing He is the way Home.. always .. always the way home...

No comments: