Thursday, November 3, 2011

The Blessing Book ... Finally approaching time

I remember working with her... beautiful ... amazing... challenging .... As an editor she was brilliant... as a human being she was astonishing... her smile could light up the room and her laugh could fill it... Oh as I close my eyes I can see it and as I open my ears it is as if I could still hear that magical lit to her voice..

I remember I had pulled into the driveway of a friend who was on an extended stay with her husband from overseas .. they had come to spend a few months with the ministry there... I was picking her up and then we were going to join a couple of other friends back at my house....

The phone rang... the news landed like a ton of bricks.. She was gone... I sat in my car stunned.. shock running through my body.. the days that would come would tell the stories... I remember standing in her apartment alongside others and just looking around .. .time seemed frozen and the loss ran deep.....

So many of us would recall that last Sunday we had spent with her... at church that morning it was as if she glowed.... she was radiant... that would be the last time that I would see her alive....

She would be challenging me to move away from my comfort zone of Stream of Consciousness and actually form real sentences... she would be making me better... she always did.... She would be exacting with dead lines but empowering to meet them... even as I write this tonight my heart deeply aches and I miss her....

In the season prior to her death and under her direction a dear friend and co - writer, Mary Ballotte, and I would take up the task of writing The Blessing Book. A book that would take qualities and attributes of emotion or living in the Kingdom of God and form words and prayers around them. For example for the word Abundance we would end up writing:

May the storehouses of Heaven be open to you and your family. May you
understand that Creator God never lacks for anything; He builds in abundance.
May you abound in every good work. God gives to all liberally and without
reproach—may your heart be open to receive the revelation of that truth. May
you walk in confidence that the Lord will supply all your needs according to His
riches in glory.

And God is able to make all grace abound toward you, that you,
always having all sufficiency in all things, may have an abundance
for every good work.

—2 Corinthians 9:8

Time after time I would think we were done and she would come back and tell us to come up with more.... We were doing numerous street outreaches to the new age community.... learning how to speak their language... learning how to make the truths of God come alive in a way that they could hear and receive them... learning how to love them and walk with them and be a life example ...

The manuscript would be laid down and seasons would come and seasons would go... Recently we have picked up that manuscript again... In the times that have passed we have learned much about the power of blessings and of the spoken word and desire to release that which we wrote.

The book will be available soon on Stir The Water as an E-Book and alongside it there will be a forum that will incorporate the lessons of the years that we have picked up... Taking the elements of blessing that are already presented and adding to them the experiences of time passed.

We present these blessings in the most sincere hope that you would take them and make them your own... that these would be but a launching pad for you to learn how to use language and truth to speak life into yourself, your family, friends and those that surround you in greater community.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Oh, Mims, how beautifully you captured our dear Carolyn! I too, can still hear her voice calling me from her office. I'd get to the door and find her deep in concentration; head down, studying, writing, or typing. Suddenly, she'd fling her head around and with great joy, and even greater intensity, and announce some new revelation she'd just received.

When Carolyn received a fresh Holy Spirit "download," it was almost palpable. I could feel and almost see sparks flying around the room accompanying this new flash of creativity. Whatever inspiration was needed,perhaps the perfect image for a book cover or fascinating story idea for AWE Magazine, her enthusiasm was contagious and you knew how imperative it was that it be captured at that precise moment. There would be no rest until her thoughts came together into cohesive motion, soon transforming a simple "Ah hah!" moment into a thing of beauty. That was truly one of her greatest gifts. She could see the final outcome of the Lord's inspiration right from inception, and doggedly pursued production until it was perfected and fit her vision.

How blessed we were to be privy to such a deep well and flow of living water! Her heartfelt desire to see this book of blessings come together was one of those moments and I recall the intensity with which she pushed us to complete it. LOL! I don't think she's ever given up on seeing it completed and picture her smiling with delight as I write this....

Dear friend, you had a godly vision for this book of blessings. May what you began years ago through this manuscript now come to pass and become a catalyst for inspired transformation, spiritual growth, inner healing, and godly blessings in the lives of many. You have certainly blessed mine.