Thursday, December 1, 2011

There was a mother's hands to wipe His tears away..........

Hand within hand … I look up at You…. And then lower my gaze… I look at our hands entwined and move my hand awkwardly within your sweet grasp… sitting here and leaning I would never want to budge.. The strength that flows forth from you and steadies me and shelters me… I lean into it and get lost….

There is earth that remembers Your foot print… there are rocks that remember Your touch… there are waves that remember being stilled and there are winds that remember the sound of Your voice…

There were arms that held a newborn babe and there are rags that washed His body… there was a shoulder that held Him up and a mother’s hand to wipe away His tears… and bring Him comfort…

A mother whose existence He had known about prior to the beginning of all that ever was would hold Him helpless to even hold up His own head… A father that would watch Him take His first steps and learn His first words… The Word who had spoken all into being would learn language and utter His first word….

Jesus… all that we know about you and all that we don’t… your years upon the earth that are hidden from our knowing and the years that are written down…. To think that He who formed and fashioned me in my mother’s womb was formed and fashioned…

I sit next to You and lean and get lost in my thoughts.... But in sitting and in leaning I am oh so full of awe of Your wonder and Your beauty and Your strength…. I soak You in and allow that which You are to surround me…

No comments: