Tuesday, December 13, 2011

His ways are truly so much more.. so higher

I just laid there and soaked it all in… feeling the familiar grasses of the valley underneath me I paused… Touching the grass… touching the soil… actually daring to open my eyes and look up and around… yes… it was .. it was where I had longed to be for so long… and hadn’t stepped into for a while… then the most delightful realization that if I was here then it wouldn’t be long… and the thoughts weren’t even formed in my head and I knew without even looking that He had walked up and was looking down upon me…

I opened my eyes and took it all in.. Him.. the valley… soaked in the air and closed my eyes again because I knew that there were conversations needed to be had .. I felt like I knew anyway.. If I was Him I knew all the things I would say to me… But totally characteristically Him He didn’t miss a beat… with the sparkle in His eye and a voice so warm and full of life He motioned for me to follow Him…. Leaning upwards I stood and we began to walk….

He was full of joy and anticipation and it was truly contagious.. I knew that we were going someplace new to me…. Something He was desiring to show me for the first time…. And then we were there and I could hear them before I saw them… Water pouring forth down off of the high peaks .. rushing down… but we weren’t done .. before I could even enjoy or take them in we were off again.. climbing … we got to a landing place and I looked down….

Everything I thought He would say to me .. everything I had expected to hear … had seemingly vanished instead He was walking with me and in delightful ways showing me things I had never seen before and introducing me to birds of the air that were magnificent and beautiful…. The air full of the richness of joy… Taking it all in I began to wonder again when He was going to begin actually saying what I knew He had brought me to Him to say….. I so wanted to begin the conversation just so that we could get it out and over with…. Right as I thought that thought He laughed and shook His head and we headed to yet another place….. There was the most amazing carpet of flowers and I stood there and took in their beauty….

Then it came…. He turned and I knew.. I knew that He would make sense and that repentance would be easy especially with Him present … His kindness had been so evident for our whole time together and by His side I could see how I had allowed fear and lies to once again steal my breath … Once again I had entertained thoughts so contrary to His character…

Again I would be wrong… Turn towards me He did… but the only words He uttered were words of affection….. words of love and delight flowed forth from His mouth…. I had anticipated correction .. I had expected rebuke… knowing that He only disciplines those He loves I had waited for truth to begin to come forth from Him and bring about the change that was needed…. But He knows deeper truths and the truest of ways…

I just lowered my eyes and whispered words of bewilderment… I was overwhelmed with how He had met me.. He had brought me to my favorite of places.. He had met me there.. He had walked with me and brought me to places so beautiful …. Standing in that moment I tried to take it all in … the reality of His love… This love that knows no end .. no boundaries.. just goes on and on… the power of the reality of His love .. His kindness.. His mercy… Him… He forever changes all that He touches and being touched by Him is forever changing me….

No comments: