Thursday, December 22, 2011

The age old question ... what should I write about?

So what should I write about? The question filled the air....

So many different trains of thought filled my own head... The joys and trials of being a mom... The journey of having been in ministry for over two decades.. The journey I walk as a daughter of God and the aspect of me as a creative being who loves ... LOVES words.... I love words... I love expression... So where does one start....

Well... I close my eyes... and at times I have my headphones on listening to worship... at other times in the early hours of the morning I sit in quietness and allow the stillness of a house that is rarely still to just saturate my being...

Ah so tonight... the age old question... "what should I write?" Well.. you are the only you... I love the Big Bird song... "There's Just One Me!"


There's just one me
Nobody like me
Take a look and see
Just one me
The sound of my voice is like no voice that you've heard
Whatever I am, I know I'm one special bird!

There's just one me
Nobody like me
Look around and you'll agree
In the whole wide world of people that you see
There is just one me!

There's just one you
Nobody like you
Take a look, it's true
Just one you
The smile on your face is like no smile that I've seen
You're one special person if you know what I mean

There's just one you
No other person
Who does all the things you do
Yes, it's absotively, posolutely true
There is just one you!


What should you write you asked? Well there is only one you... and only one you that thinks the way you think and walks the way you walk and has to share that which you have to share.....

So what is my advice? Be brave!!! Be courageous!!! And write!!! Don't edit yourself... close your eyes and write and write and write as if no one else was ever going to read it... dare to be the most you that you have ever been and then press that button... Publish that post... and soar... soar in the knowledge that you have a voice and there are things that need to be said and need for you to say them... Believe.... You have a story.. a journey and I will be richer for getting to partake in it

No comments: