Thursday, December 22, 2011

From Past to Present to Future..... eyes that look behind me and see where I have been now look down the path and envision where it is I go...

I don't know what brought me back to those early posts this morning but to them I went.... I think it goes into this other writing project that I touch every now and then and then leave it tucked away until I bring it back out again....

I read in one early blog post how at sometimes past stories of my life are hard to tell... when I look back upon them I see them through new eyes and don't exactly remember the places walked as they were walked when they were walked...

But then that brought me here to this place and to the now.... to the realization that one day I will look back upon these days with different eyes.. with the eyes of time and age and with the new understandings that come... This morning much has traveled in and out of my head but the key points are that which follows....

Becoming a daughter... being a daughter... growing in truth... embracing God's truth as my reality...

What is so revolutionary about Christ? What is so revolutionary about our faith? Is that it is living.... it isn't a statue we pay homage to or a set of beliefs... It is a man.... a man... a man who lived and walked and song His song into our lives and continues to do so....

The other day as I was thinking of Him.. this whole reality that He is that He is
bore its weight down upon me and looking up a new trust was born... not a trust out of the flesh or worked up in some sort of religious frenzy but a belief that He is for me.... and then today a dear friend sent me that Roman's passage and my heart soared.

Another dear friend lives and breaths truth..... speaking forth the word of God like the two edged sword it is and breaking off lies and false beliefs... He has given me the gift of knowing that no matter what I can stand upon the word of God.. That God is faithful to His word and that the reality within scripture is breath taking and stunning and alters the steps I take when I adhere to that which it speaks.... It too is living and active..... The Word became flesh... Christ the Word.. The Word of God living and active and true....

Having lived so many lies and having been under so much falsehood I bath myself in the word and call myself to adhere to that which it speaks...

Again seeing a new path emerge.. and not sure where upon retrospect how I will see this season but I anticipate that it will be seen in the light that steps were taken... once again I was or am leaving behind the old and taking upon me the new..... considering all things lesser I press on towards Christ and His Kingdom and His ways...

A bolder daughter I am becoming.... more sure of footing every day... not that there aren't set backs and struggles and doubts but I am looking at them with new eyes... reminding myself from where I have come from and to where I am going...

No comments: