Tuesday, November 30, 2010

You are more than what you have become

There has been much upon my heart and my mind these days..... and as I head towards the 10th of December I have paused and paused and thought upon days gone by and I have stood like one at a cross roads.... The road before me undiscovered but I have come to it from the paths I have journeyed and as I stand here looking out upon it .. upon the unknown I change my direction and I look up and I look into His eyes and I take a hold of His hand and know within me who it is that leads me on.......

On Friday December 10th I will be sharing parts of my story (you can see the stirthewater.com/events website for the details) and there are many things upon my heart..... I have been feeling a wooing back to walk in things that I had laid aside... I had stepped away from ministry outside of my family ... putting first things first..... and yet in this new season I have been feeling this push and as I have begun to journey upon this road there are times I feel the rush of feeling the presence of the Lord as I prepare ... the strength of His assurances as I look towards Him for wisdom... the peace that only He can truly give.... and yet I journey this road slowly ... taking step by step... cherishing the tenderness of the Lord as He leads me on... He truly does lead us gently and sweetly and lovingly..... because He knows how we are made and He understands the depths of our inner most beings.....

I lived in a world of lack.... lacking a conscious .... lacking any true capacity to connect to another human being..... events had brought me there but there I lived.... lies, deceit, deception, darkness, despair shrouded my very existence and upon me they bore down and shattered my soul...... from that place I tried to journey into a world that I was utterly unprepared for and hit it like a brick wall.... if there was any further capacity to unravel it happened again and again until in the place of a human being there was nothing but a vapor..... living ... walking... nothingness... But there is one who journeys into places of great darkness and upon the scene of my life He walked bringing His magnificent light......

So many things had been said about me in regards to what my life wouldn't be... couldn't be..... and yet I stand in a place that calls those words to the ground and I live a life that shouts out a hope to the hopeless and screams out a freedom to the captive.......

I step back onto this path..... I know within my heart beats a roar and a passion for those whose lives know lack ... whose lives need to know the passions of a God whose greatest desire is for them and who hungers to pour out His love and compassion upon them.....

One of my favorite quotes is from the Lion King.... It is when Simba as a grown lion experiences the presence of his father.... and he is told.... "You have forgotten who you are and so have forgotten me ...... You are more than what you have become ..... Remember who you are"

I know that I know that I know that when we catch a glimpse of all that the Father really is and grasp who we are in light of all that we will remember in the depths of who we are who it is we were always meant to be and we will step into a place as sons and daughters and we will shake the world.....

The hand of the LORD was upon me, and he brought me out in the Spirit of the LORD and set me down in the middle of the valley;a it was full of bones. 2And he led me around among them, and behold, there were very many on the surface of the valley, and behold, they were very dry. 3And he said to me, “Son of man, can these bones live?” And I answered, “O Lord GOD, you know.” 4Then he said to me, “Prophesy over these bones, and say to them, O dry bones, hear the word of the LORD. 5Thus says the Lord GOD to these bones: Behold, I will cause breathb to enter you, and you shall live. 6And I will lay sinews upon you, and will cause flesh to come upon you, and cover you with skin, and put breath in you, and you shall live, and you shall know that I am the LORD.”
7So I prophesied as I was commanded. And as I prophesied, there was a sound, and behold, a rattling,c and the bones came together, bone to its bone. 8And I looked, and behold, there were sinews on them, and flesh had come upon them, and skin had covered them. But there was no breath in them. 9Then he said to me, “Prophesy to the breath; prophesy, son of man, and say to the breath, Thus says the Lord GOD: Come from the four winds, O breath, and breathe on these slain, that they may live.” 10So I prophesied as he commanded me, and the breath came into them, and they lived and stood on their feet, an exceedingly great army.

Ezekiel 37......................................................................

An exceedingly great army..... people who know their God and will do incredible things in His name... because they know Him.... and they know who they are in Him and their passions and affections are undivided may we run towards that moment with all that is within us.......

1 comment:

Molly Patterson said...

"So many things had been said about me in regards to what my life wouldn't be... couldn't be..... and yet I stand in a place that calls those words to the ground and I live a life that shouts out a hope to the hopeless and screams out a freedom to the captive....... "

Seriously friend.... that meets my heart in such a deep place. We stand in that place together. We stand because we have the right and the authority. We stand in that place because LOVE created it for us. We stand and we gather others with us.

love you.