Monday, November 22, 2010

it is through our smallest of actions not our grandest experiences that will draw people... it is our lives that speak... so what is our life saying?

They were all around... and I felt more at home in their presence than I had felt anywhere in the last few days..... standing both to my right and to my left they filled the area..... everything in me settled so quickly and I wondered about what the moment was truly about........

Then beyond anything I thought or imagined the clarity of His presence emerged and I was swept into a peace so real and so strong... I drank it in .... and breathed it in and allowed all that was happening to encase me in its reality.....

Within moments like this I come alive in a way that outside of those moments I just don't.... everything in me settles into His presence and as if through other eyes I see and all that is other disappears... This was different though and within all that was happening around me there was a message.....

I don't take for granted moments like these but I do expect them.... I expect them daily if not more frequent... what parent doesn't want to commune with their child and if that is so for the human heart how much more is it for the one who fathers so very perfectly.... and then it was clear.... that is what the moment was about.... that is what was on His heart.... communion .... to be with each other.... to father me and extend His Kingdom presence and authority over me.....

There are times I ache so desperately for the completeness of time .... there are times I just so yearn to not be separated any more with time and space..... there are more times than not that I just look into His eyes and long for the reality that will one day exist within all eternity..... and the pain of this separation at times grows so large that my breath is stolen away and I ache... and today... today I was shown through His presence and the words of a friend that it is His ache too...... that in walking and seeing and yearning for Him we can walk and see and feel that He yearns for us .... that He aches for us and the fullness of time ...... that the greatness of His father's heart is that He longs for His children in such a profound and powerful way....

Someone who I have immense respect for and completely value recently spoke about a concern that in his observations that people within the revelatory ministries end up caring more about ministry and gifting than they do about simply loving people....... the truth of what he spoke sat within the atmosphere and has lingered.... and today within a conversation with another dear friend a hunger in both of us manifested concerning the birthing of a people who could see and hear and know from their God but cared more for love and others than about whatever experience or gift or calling was operating.....

And within all that transpired today... from thoughts about previously spoken truths... to listening to words being spoken by a friend to allowing the Father to share His immense heart and emotions I sit here this evening and am more completely convinced of the fact that the most revelatory thing that anyone can do is to reveal that love that knows no depth, no length, no width, no breadth and to walk daily within that love that takes lives from darkness into the light...... it is through our smallest of actions not our grandest experiences that will draw people... it is our lives that speak... so what is our life saying?

No comments: