Wednesday, November 10, 2010

What is that sound... perhaps it is a barbaric yawp

It takes courage to see ... what's the difference between ones like the spies who screamed we can take the land versus the ones who saw the giants..... what is the difference between people like Rosa Parks and others who just live where they are told...

I don't think it isn't that the fear isn't there.... I think that the dream and the hunger is bigger..... I can't live a metered out existence.... I can't live safe anymore... I would rather be rejected for being me than for being some watered down version that I don't recognize ....... There isn't another who lives the expression that I can or you can..... and the saddest aspect of that is that if it isn't lived to the fullest then that expression is lost....

So I will spend my days attempting with all my heart to live that expression ... and I will put myself out there time and time and time again... and I will become more and more and more of who I was always meant to be...... with intentionality and purpose and determination.... I just can't live any other way...

One of my favorite movies of all times.... Dead Poets Society holds within it some of my most favorite quotes....
Keating: Now we all have a great need for acceptance, but you must trust that your beliefs are unique, your own, even though others may think them odd or unpopular. Even though the heard may go " That's bad." Robert Frost said, " Two roads diverged in a yellow wood and I, I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." I want you to find your own walk right now, your own way of striding, pacing: any direction, anything you want. Whether it's proud or silly. Anything. Gentlemen, the courtyard is yours. You don't have to perform. Just make it for yourself. Mr. Dalton, will you be joining us?
Charles: Exercising the right not to walk.
Keating: Thank you, Mr. Dalton. You just illustrated the point.

that is one of my favorite scenes... walk don't walk... run.. jump... linger.... just to be daily what I was created to be in that day is something I hunger for ... I want to silence fear's voice in my head... you see it isn't that I don't hear the doubt I just want to give it room......

Lastly... the quote that stands upon my heart and made me more of the me I am

Keating: A man is not "very tired". He is exhausted. Don't use "very sad." Use, come on Mr. Overstreet, you twerp.
Knox: Morose?
Keating: Exactly. "Morose."
Words are powerful.... use them well.... articulate that which is upon your life and your heart as to inspire ... describe.... take time.... find the best word.....

I enter this day and only long that I will live it honestly before God and man........... honestly being myself through whatever circumstances come my way... and at the end of the day no matter what to have lived and known that true expression that God put into me is worth whatever disappointment, rejection or sadness or joy or delight or hysterical moment that the day did hold.....

No comments: