Wednesday, November 3, 2010

May my words be seasoned with life..... and my opinions turned to dust

There is so much I wish I knew how to express... so much I wish I understood... so much that leaves me hungering for wisdom and understanding..... moments that out of the blue come across and affect my world and where I walk.... and I'm left feeling a vulnerability I would rather not feel... but even as the residual emotions course through me... I am left to acknowledge the lesson

There is a power in our words towards each other... a power to bless... a power to curse.... we don't have to be face to face .... why does the Word speak so about our mouths and our tongues..... we speak life and death and out of the same mouth that praises the Most Holy One comes opinions and thoughts that are not of the Father's heart....

I have a friend who takes this very seriously and I have truly wondered at times if the line is too tight and that we should have freedom to speak and to express.... I talk things out that is how I process and in doing so I don't always check every emotion or opinion expressed.....

I have been rattled tonight for I have felt the words of another and then in discussion found them to have been truly stated.... a new found depth of the fear of the Lord rests upon me for there has been brought to bare a very personal experience upon my soul that has left a huge question mark ..... again I have no answers but many many questions.....

Beyond questions though I have been pushed towards quietness and the idea of letting my words be few and not idle weighs upon my heart.... understanding so slightly the love and grace of God I know that this lesson's strength is for a purpose and there is grace to navigate these waters... but once again I am stunned by the truth of the realities of the Kingdom and how they are really as they are.... while there is grace I do believe to reflect and discuss there must be wisdom when in reference to another of how we speak.... we must search out the fact that if we speak.. we speak of one whom the Father adores and for whom Christ died and our words must be seasoned with grace and wisdom and humility....

My friends our words are so powerful ..... for someone who loves words and loves expression a solemn weight sits upon me this evening and I sit and let it bare down and plant its seeds so that it's fruit will be brought forth ......................

No comments: