Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Dark yet lovely and yet you say without spot or blemish

Moments and times when you come and open me are both awesome and terrifying.  You pour in your light and expose that which still resides in my heart that is not of your nature.  You open my heart up to receive from you. 

You look at me and through that gaze I see depths of your compassion and levels of your love  that were previously unknown to me.  A beckoning of trust. A hungry call being sent forth from your heart.... A calling out  to walk forward into a deeper love ..... A deeper trust..... 

You have set the stage for this dive into deeper things.  You have spent the time wooing my injured soul into a place of rest........ Into a place of release.  

How can I look at you and not acknowledge your sweet kindnesses towards me? How can I gaze into those eyes and not get lost there? How can I not allow the understanding  that though there are still shadows of death to walk through that you are the one who journeys with me through those valleys?  

  When other things would encroach upon me I see you rise up before I even cry out.  How can I not acknowledge you as my all? My shelter, my tower, my refuge, my strength........... 

You simply and profoundly are my undoing. And as I journey through weaknesses that scream out as if to humiliate I choose instead to acknowledge that in my weaknesses you are made strong and in your strength I come alive. 

What can I speak but oh my Lord.... I live to love you and I am yours. Dark and lovely. Yet to you without spot or blemish. This waltz of love knows no end and I hunger for the day by the crystal sea when face to face we take our places and dance and dance and dance.  I surrender all from this moment until that moment I surrender all.  

No comments: