Tuesday, November 9, 2010

an addendum

An addendum to yesterday......

If I could ever be more convinced that it is of vital importance to lay one self bare before the Lord it would be within the moments of these last two days.....

For over a week the Father had been wanting me to ask Him for something..... it was as if I could ask Him for anything... it was blanket question.... but I know that the offer in its sincerity was more about getting to my heart.... He is the most masterful of heart surgeons you know.....

He began to show me an area where He wanted to touch... the reason in His heart was there was something between He and I... a fear.... and He is always wanting to and longing to remove any hindrance between Himself and His people... He is jealous like that in His absolute passion for us......

So yesterday .... yesterday... oh my...... ever so glad yesterday is yesterday BUT having said that... yesterday we journeyed together onto roads that needed His touch...... Laying bare my heart before the one who knit it together allowing Him with choices of my will full access into anything He wanted .....

There are moments I am brought to a place of awe struck awareness of the reality of who He is and the day to day reality of His kingdom's existence and reign here on Earth.....

His capacity to love us individually is a powerful thing.... the fact that He knows each of us so intimately and is passionate and affectionate towards us each one of us... is truly outstanding...... He is the most lovely of Fathers and the most dearest of friends...... and He gives the most perfect gifts......

Today I sit in the shadow of the reality of the answer to His beckoning..... not a profound request did I make upon Him but one of the heart....... and the words.... the heart longing weren't allowed to exist outside of me but He answered........

There aren't secrets here with me..... while at times I cringe at the things that He asks me to share... I understand my life is not my own and He won't ask of me needlessly .... so what did I ask.... I asked for a dream.... but you see there is a love language there between He and I and He understands that... and in the moments before awakening He brought the most incredible reassurance of His love through a wood working teacher in a school in a scene in a dream..... hhhhmmmmmmmm ... He is truly brilliant ... and within those moments spent ... upon that scene that was already answering the very thing I had asked..... two individuals walked into the room where I stood with that wood working teacher and they knew my name ....

While the tale of that dream might seem ho hum to you... know that it touched the very deepest parts of my heart... and while one might say if the Father was really beckoning to you to be able to ask for anything why would you ask for something so slight.... and my response would be this .... One thing I have asked of the Lord and that is that I would be known of Him and that I would dwell in the house of my Lord all the days of my life.... and so I asked for the one thing that lives within the deepest desires of my heart daily... and the request wasn't in the air but a moment truly before He answered it in a way that only the most amazing of Father's wouuld.....

Our God is great..... (period)

No comments: