Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Who We Choose To Be in This Hour.................

There is a sense of sorrow that fills the space that surrounds me and I can faintly hear a song of mourning upon the stillness of the air. Its lingering presence saturates the atmosphere and calls out for attention. It is as in the days of old when a funeral dirge filled the streets of a kingdom lost or forsaken. A slow sorrowful song of lamentation coming forth from a heavy heart burdened with knowledge. The agony of loss.

In my times of longing to love God in the way that He would so desire of me I have come and shared and journeyed towards and entered into His heart. I have come as a daughter. I am many things to Him but in this time and in this place I am a daughter. I have been beckoned to His side to share with Him a moment that is full of the realities of the spirit. Sitting next to Him at the footstool of His great throne I rest my head upon His leg and allow the fullness of the moment to saturate all that I am. I turn my body and place my hand on His knee as heaving sobs fill my chest. Without His grace I would be shattered by the moment.

He then stands and I look up towards His towering frame. The room illuminating in wonder. The silence of such a majestic room is more eerie than wonderful, I realize that I cannot and do not comprehend this moment that He has chosen to share with me.

Tears fill my eyes and all of a sudden my chest is filled with cold shivers making it very difficult to catch my breath. I tremble. My lips quiver. I sit. Wondering what it is that is next. What will happen? What is about to occur? What is He wanting to share with me? He steps down off the platform from which His throne is placed and beckons me to walk with Him.

A hand reaches out from His side and draws me up and close. I turn and beyond further than my eye can see is an aisle stretching out before us and to our sides there are columns upon columns. Light as thick as fog fills all that surrounds me.... its purity sparkling. Dazzling. I breath it in and it fills my very being.

It steadies me.

I am standing beside the one who knows all things and whose finger brought all things to bare and whose voice spoke all things into being. There are no words to describe how small I am and though I would say seemingly insignificant His presence bars even the faintest notion of that from being true.

How can His chosen be insignificant.

How can the passion of His heart not be meaningful....

There is nothing about me that is insignificant.

My Father has taken my arm and begins to walk me down the aisle. The realization that this moment is about His passion for the ages slowly dawns on me and I steady myself with an intake of oxygen. In the sparkling breath of the moment and upon His grace an understanding of that which is transpiring merges with my soul.

He is my Father journeying towards a moment, He has held within Him for longer than there are words to express the length of time. As clarity fills my being I rise to the stature that He is beckoning me towards. I am His daughter whom He loved and whom He created and fashioned for Himself so that I could be made and transformed into a gift.

A gift for a Son who was waiting .... waiting beyond the columns... beyond the room.... beyond that which I could see....... Upon His arm,my Father's arm, I am to walk... I am to journey..... towards a moment.... a spectacular, fantastic, brilliant moment ..... the glimpse of which serves to steady me and form clarity in the depths of all that I am..... I am the object of His affections..... and marked upon the calendars of eternity a day will arise when all Heaven awaits the words..

"I Do."

The Bridegroom and the Bride in each other's presence ... The mysteries revealed..... The chimes of Heaven bursting forth with glorious sounds.................... The Spirit and the Bride say Come!!!!!

I entered into this vision of sorts not comprehending where it was taking me...... but slowly dawning upon me understanding came and I sit here in this moment in awe of God......

I know the sorrows that were deep and real are those that He holds within Himself...... a lost and dying people...... the sadness of which knows no end.... The compromise and falsehood that fill His Earthly dominion..... If He were to walk upon the Earth there would be many an upturned temple....... There is a solemnness within these moments that we need receive.... a serious correction of ways.... an understanding that time is short and that which we could once get away with and do ... we should no longer even try...........

The sadness of the moment is fleeting for it will give way to a moment so great and so fantastic that there is nothing on Earth that could even begin to prepare us for it...... except however our choices.... who we choose to be in this hour... who we choose to be in this hour is of great importance.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful. Those moments with Jesus are priceless.