Monday, January 4, 2010

Pausing to Question ... Learning to Praise

How do I enter into Your world? How do I become more like You? Looking at the words you spoke... the life you lead..... the things you did... you say we are to go and do likewise.... How do I stare down the wind and the waves and rest peacefully in the bow? Do I approach the leper and speak the word that brings forth life? How much would I love to be like the Centurion and yet is Thomas more my name?

Do I find myself meeting you upon the seas only then to sink and at worst deny? Do I injure my fellow brother with words or attitudes? Do my days find at the end of them my reflection becoming more like you? Or do the actions of my days only find me on my knees?

You quiet all my question as upon your breast I lay and rest as did John. Towards your garment I reach desperately through the crowds because I know you.... I know that just a touch of the fabric that frames your body will bring forth life.... I am one who has labored all night long to only find that not one fish was caught, yet upon your beckoning the boat of my life is full to overflowing... Your words, your movements, your actions display in their perfection the wondrous majesty of Heaven... teach me to know in the moment Your grace... all that you are.... may love flow generously forth from me .... may it not hit one breaking wall.. may there be nothing in me to detour its path....

You are beautiful... simply and profoundly beautiful.... I enter into Your world and long to be more and more like You ... amazing You.... incredible You....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nicely done. Your writing style is poetic prose--means you probably have some awesome free verse inside you, too. Have you joined faitherwriters.com yet? Head straight for the forums if you haven't.