Saturday, January 2, 2010

It looks very much different then what I had anticipated.......

As part of my experiment to live purposefully for 100 days seeking how to love the Lord and love those around me with all that is within me ... I ask the question at least once a day but often as I think about it ... what does it mean... what does it practically looked like

The one thing I am learning, oh so much that continually surprises me, is not only is God thoroughly into the details but even when we don't think we are being religious I think we are...... I think we make so much out of nothing and then because we want it to be something play it up big...... or maybe I should just say it this way... I think that I have wanted this experiment to be this really spiritual season in my life where I grow in my understanding of who God is and I had all these preconceived ideas of what that meant...... What I am learning is that it is very different then what I thought it would be......

Today I was really surprised as I went to sit and focus on the Lord .. to love on Him... and in walked my oldest son... (who I have really been wanting time with) and Josh came into the room and sat down right with me and we spent a wonderful two hours together.... not doing anything but chatting and then watching Friends... yup ... Friends.....

As he got up (because he has this project to do and I am trying to teach him that procrastination is a bad thing) I stood in the room and truly thought about what I had intended to do versus what happened..... And as crazy as it sounds I know it to be true.. the very thing I sought to do I did...... but it looked so far different than I would have ever imagined... and I also got blessed.... I got the time with Josh and we just hung out...... and I know that God was there......

I am realizing more and more that there is a simplicity to faith and the walk with God that gets glossed over by all that we think we know..... all the trappings of faith that we put on and then walk out.... I don't know how to bring the words together completely but I feel this deep stirring inside and this confidence growing that when this experiment is over I will have begun to walk in that which I had hoped but it will look so very much different then I had ever anticipated....

No comments: