Friday, September 9, 2011

When out of Heaven a hand comes forth.....

His hand came down and was holding mine... Ah this time there was no physical hand but there might as well have been....

I know I have shared times when as I sat on this one particular hill or walked these woods within one season of my life if a picture had been taken there would be no doubt in my mind that Jesus would be very present in that photo...

However this was not that ... Again it might as well have been...  The old what 70s or was it an 80s song... "come take my hand and walk with me to where the children are free ... Take my hand...."

As I saw and watched this scene play out the thought that crossed my mind was this is life.... This is life!!!! Where the Creator of all things acts upon one small portion of creation with such loving care and tenderness while at the same time keeping the universe moving through the dance of time....

In those moments of taking His hand I felt my mind be altered... I felt His truths sink deeper... I felt even more branded upon as His... I felt the aspects of me that don't always fall into alignment with Him separate from my person...

How can one both hold the very hand of God and rest delightfully within His palm?  I do not know! But this morning His abundant loving kindness upon me shatters all else and within a deepening quiet and solidness resides...

I am His girl.... I am His daughter... It is my Father's image I bear

No comments: