Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Truth empowers me to be different... learning to soar

Not too long ago I was with a group of people and as I prayed over different ones and looked up and saw faces and lives before me I was so moved towards compassion.

It has filled my days with wonderment and thought…. Thoughts of comparison, thoughts of performance, thoughts of weights or burdens of life and/or obligation….. these things of life that come and choke out truth and joy and sweet fellowship with the Father…. These things that come and roar their lies into the lives of people and bang up against the knowledge of trust and truth and hope and faith….

The cares and the concerns of this world choking out life amidst the sons and daughters of God….

Today was the first day in my life that all 6 of my children were in school. I got away…. I placed my phone off and down and had no computer near… I sat and waited upon the Lord… I sat there at the beginning of this new season of life and gave my life and my time and my days to the Father… I sat there and these thoughts again came….

Thoughts about comparison, thoughts about performance, thoughts about fear and doubt … weights.. heavy burdens… and as I thought about these things again what was birthed within me was such a desire …. A desire for the truths of the affections of Father to roll out upon His people… His children… A desire for the truths of His passion.. His delight .. His love to so infiltrate our souls… our lives… our spirits…

It isn’t all that hard to listen to the whispers or the shouts of the lies that this world, our flesh or the enemy would like to have us believe… There are areas in all our hearts where lies land so much easier than the truth….

I want to be so full of Father’s affections and thoughts that those lies are showed up for what they are…. I want to so know the authentic and powerful truth of God and who I am in Him that the counterfeit is easily shown up for that which it is…

I have stood in awe of how my children put themselves out there in life… they step into new things.. they step onto sport playing fields… they risk and venture and jump out… they open their lives up to criticism and critique … I realized at times I have played it safe… gone with the flow… flown under the radar… allowing fear of the thoughts and opinions of man to intimidate me back into a corner ….

But these things are just so pounding upon me… my heart and mind are full with the reality of being a daughter… oh the lies come and so does the fears but the time is shorter now that they get to stay… and sometimes they don’t even get to find a landing field….

It isn’t that I can’t be intimidated by fear still it is just that perfect love is taking more and more residence up in my life and in my heart and in all that I am…. And that perfect love is creating within me a strength and a joy and a delight that as it grows I get to walk more and more as a daughter… as a beloved… as one who was created in the image of Father God and I get to bear that image and not shrink back…

Fear has been a factor in my life… yet the love of God is so much stronger and so much more that as I set my heart upon Him and as I allow His thoughts and opinions to outweigh all else I am being renewed daily… hhhmmm renewing my mind as I set it upon Him….

I step out more and more now… I find that I allow my truest self to fly … at times I still want to shrink back but then I remember… I am not made of those who shrink back I am one born to have faith.. and born to have confidence… I am a daughter… a daughter of the Most High God… I get to live in His perfect love.. and all else… all else will fade away…..

May the perfect love of our Father so fill you as you live your moments that fear and the thoughts and opinions of this world will have no place in you…. Bless you

No comments: