Thursday, October 21, 2010

A Whisper that became a roar... that became a declaration.. that has saved my life

What is man that You take thought of him,
And the son of man that You care for him?
Psalm 8:4
Today I have placed myself in the hugeness of God... today I have sought refuge in and shelter in and protection in Your shadows.... I have run to you... clung to you.... hidden myself within you.... You are my most dear sanctuary. I have hungered for your overshadowing presence to cover me.... I have basked in your love as the sweetest safest haven from all that is other.......

Today I have come to you and known that you think of me.. and care for me... protect me... shelter me.. overshadow me.. me.... so very other than you and yet you take thought of me..... that you oh mighty one care for me .. that you enter into my space... that you come and stand next to me declaring that I am yours ...

You amaze me... you constantly amaze me

Sheer ... full honesty....

I have known He has wanted me to write all day but I have not known how to or what to say... sheer .. full honesty ... transparency... vulnerability.... those are roads that I find myself upon... But then you make it easy.... As I take the first step and sit down and say ok... I will write.. I will write today... I will write tonight... I will sit down and put my fingers to my "piano" of sorts... close my eyes and let the words come forth......

You came to me as I took the slightest step towards your wishes... you came in strength and in declaration.... as I sat down and began to write .. the day's events and how to piece them together to convey what I felt was on your heart flooded me.... Sitting... typing... erasing... typing again.. erasing again.... struggling to piece together the words that would convey your heart beat..... You will be my undoing... oh so glad... oh so glad..... undo me ... undo me all you want...

In the middle of my struggle to bring forth words... You ... the very word... appear as you do within my heart and you stand beside me in your strength and I can feel you... I can tell you are being all you are.... and that which you are doing undoes me even further.... I am but a puddle before you..

You've known my day.. you understand these days.. you know all my days... and this evening you come to me and stand beside me and in your strength and in your pleasure and in all that you are ... you stand and declare that I am yours..... that I am yours .... You declare it as a war cry.... you declare it as a passionate yell... you declare it with the roar of lion.. you declare it with the whispers of the wind.... I am yours...... I am yours.... "She is mine"... you have made it your declaration... you have placed yourself between me and all that is other ...... standing beyond you .. within the shadow you create... within the tower of your presence .. within the refuge that you are.... You shout out ... You declare... SHE IS MINE........

And on a day during a season that holds historical memories of things that would be better off left within the abyss of forgetfulness... You show me so very clearly that which the cross did..

"And having disarmed the powers and authorities, he made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the cross." Colossians 2:15

The cross stands between us and all that is other... the cross stands as the reality of a Father's heart and a Savior's affections... The cross stands and screams out to the powers and authorities.... He is mine... She is mine.....

Your broken body instead of my broken body... Your sacrifice instead of my sacrifice ... Your death instead of my death.. your condemnation instead of my condemnation... You... You... disarming the powers and authorities... You triumphing over them.... You making a way ... a way away from death... destruction...

Yes... tonight I stand in Your presence so completely humbled how mindful you are of me.... tonight I sit in your shadow as Yours.... breathing in the air that that reality brings with it..... I stand in your victory over all that is evil... and my Lord.. I say thank you.... it is but a small thing.. but you know my heart.... I say thank you.. I allow you to scoop me up into your arms and hide me within you and rest in the knowledge that I am yours... I need be nothing else ..... ever.... I long to be nothing else.... thank you.. thank you.. thank you.. thank you that I belong to the very one who makes all things new and protects that which He calls His own......

Thank you.. that a whisper became a roar and became a declaration and saved my life.....

No comments: