Tuesday, October 5, 2010

A duet of the ages.....

Oh that these keys were musical ones and so when upon them my fingers leaped and danced the beautiful melodies of music would surround me. I close my eyes while I write and I hear the keys bringing forth the words that come down upon the screen.

At the very thought of you... those lyrics play within my soul and I can hear you sing them to me as I sing them back to you and then the remembrance of a daughter and father duet and I am undone.... You walk me down paths to then bring me to truths or realizations that so set everything about me to flight.... Father you amaze me and I am finding myself continually stunned by how your love plays out upon the landscape of my day to day life....

The very thought of you and I forget to do
The little ordinary things that everyone ought to do
I'm living in a kind of daydream
I'm happy as a king
And foolish though it may seem
To me that's everything


The mere idea of you, the longing here for you
You'll never know how slow the moments go till I'm near to you
I see your face in every flower
Your eyes in stars above
It's just the thought of you
The very thought of you, my love



The mere idea of you, the longing here for you
You'll never know how slow the moments go till I'm near to you
I see your face in every flower
Your eyes in stars above
It's just the thought of you
The very thought of you, my love

Behind me is left the ways of man and the ways man think your kingdom should run... I am intoxicated by your love ... undone... and yet rebuilt in the most magnificent of ways.... How dare I put my hand to a plow that belongs to you and think it needs to be anything other than that which you have made it....

Your presence draws and brings and causes wonderment. May I be one that it splashes forth out of .... May your light and your presence so overtake me that wherever my feet may roam you go before and after ..... You ... You are all I know.... One thing has lifted my soul from the pit.. One thing ..... Your display of affection... Your determination to love...... The untapped potential of simply living a life of love and allowing you to then do that which you do most beautifully.....

The very thought of you..... I'm living in a kind of daydream..... and foolish though it may seem ... to me that's everything..... The mere idea of you... the longing here for you.......

My Father..... my Father.... my Father... oh if those words could only fully convey the joy of knowing that you are my Father.... that the word "my" exists before such a reality as you...... Father... that that word doesn't haunt or terrify but causes a smile to be brought and glued upon my face.....

I thoroughly enjoy walking these moments with you .. these times with you..... and as I write them I feel the song welling up of a daughter and a father singing together... singing a love song of the ages... looking at one another with affection and adoration and enjoying one another..... I love being enjoyed by you... I most definitely love enjoying you.... the game of I love you more begins and yet I most truly know that you win.... you win every time... but in you winning .. I win.. and then again we are back on that circle of never ending, all encompassing, most fascinating love.......

No comments: