Friday, October 8, 2010

Sitting here and you walk towards me. I watch you as you come near. I walk up to you and fall into your embrace.  My head nestled  into your chest. You bring me in even closer. I feel your hands upon my back. Holding me next to You. I push away. Not because I actually want to move but because the yearning to look upon your hands... To hold them in mine... To trace your scars with my finger.  You know and acknowledge the desire that fills my heart and without words passing between us your hands are in mine..... 

As I hold them I truly hold them.... I can't bring myself to look up into Your eyes though I know that that is what You long for me to do.  

Tears streaming down my face I will myself to look up and there..... There is Your gaze..... There is the look I knew I would see ..... And I am undone.  Completely. Totally undone.  And back into Your arms I fall.  Your strength .... Flowing into my body like liquid honey.  You steady me.  And I am strengthened.  You pour Your love upon me and I am made new.  

You are truly the Lover of my soul. My greatest delight. I get lost within you...... Within Your gaze.  

Thank you. Thank you. Adoration soars. I love you. 

1 comment:

Molly Patterson said...

"Until two things happened...... First I know I came to a place where after two decades of walking in deeper and deeper freedom I encountered ministry that fundamentally attacked lies I had believed about the Father. Truth was spoken attached to such an amazing love that a capacity to believe on a deeper level entered my being. So I was able to begin to choose to believe He is who He says and was empowered to do so in a way that I had not reached before.

I know He has lovingly walked with me through the process of becoming these last two decades. And I know there have been others that have as well. One of the biggest changes that has occurred is that I have chosen to believe all He says about Himself. And in so doing have truly attached myself to Him as a plumb line."

all I can say is "I want to know this for myself in such an unshakeable way that no one and nothing can touch it..."
so glad that you are writing your heart. keep going.