Thursday, January 23, 2014

The Lord Is My Shepherd

The Lord is my Shepherd....


Psalm 23


The Lord is my shepherd,
I [a]shall not want.
2 He makes me lie down in green pastures;
He leads me beside [b]quiet waters.
3 He restores my soul;
He guides me in the [c]paths of righteousness
For His name’s sake.
4 Even though I walk through the [d]valley of the shadow of death,
I fear no [e]evil, for You are with me;
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
You [f]have anointed my head with oil;
My cup overflows.
6 [g]Surely goodness and lovingkindness will follow me all the days of my life,
And I will [h]dwell in the house of the Lord [i]forever.



I  awoke with a start...


Thinking of my aunt
Thinking of when Gideon was so sick


Calling to mind the lessons learned ... Circumstance and event don't get to dictate the wellness of my soul ...  They don't get to tell me what reality is...  This world ... These times will never ever trump the reality of The Lord. His goodness and faithfulness endure regardless of what the day hands off to me...


I awoke with temptation to be afraid... And yet I began to call to mind the loving kindness of our God. His mercies never fail and great is His faithfulness... I began to call to mind that He is MY shepherd. IE  He is the one who leads me, no one else, nothing else, not me and not anything upon this earth.. He leads me ... He is my shepherd and I will not want and I do not ever have to fear.. His perfect love casts all fear aside...


His gaze locks me in... His heart captivates me to lean upon Him... Strength not born forth from me begins to saturate every fiber of my being and I am being led..


His kindness... Oh my, His sheer kindness ... The immensity of it... The beauty of it... The strength of it... It realigns my thoughts and my emotions and glues me to His side...


His beauty... That He is intimately aware of all sufferings... That He magnificently made the way through all dark valleys ... Through (that's the word)



He is my shepherd.. His character and nature declare to me His hand is the hand that will assist me through every terrain...



21 This I recall to my mind,
Therefore I have hope.
22 The Lord’s lovingkindnesses [a]indeed never cease,
For His compassions never fail.
23 They are new every morning;
Great is Your faithfulness.
24 “The Lord is my portion,” says my soul,
“Therefore I have hope in Him.”
25 The Lord is good to those who wait for Him,
To the [b]person who seeks Him.
26 It is good that he waits silently
For the salvation of the Lord.


Lamentations 3



The Lord is my portion therefore I have hope...


My hope is fixed upon Him and His permanence ...  Even when I falter He doesn't.. It is for me to call to mind... It is for Him to restore my soul ...  In rest, I find not passivity, but trust into depths unimaginable to me before...


His assurance


His magnificence


His loving kindness 



His permanence 



And then I awake to the truest comfort... He has no shadow of changing.. Though all else will fail He ensures through all the ages and I can breathe because He is

Simply and profoundly He is....

My Lord
My God
My King

My shepherd …

No comments: