Wednesday, January 1, 2014

A complete stop....

I don't want to write much anymore....

It has caught me off guard...  It has made me ask Him lots of questions.. It has had me go quiet...

Where writing had been my sanctuary, there are times now where I look at my laptop and the keys that once used to be my refuge and I just look.

The question upon my heart is what do I really want to say. What is worth saying?  What needs to be said?  Then I realize several things.... First and foremost the question is truly WHAT IS HE SAYING...

What is it that He is saying?

Pause....................................

Pause again...........................................


Pause one more time...............................................


It becomes simple when that is the question I ask.

What is it that He is saying?

And regardless of who you are or where you are or what you are doing there is an answer that will always be the same...

Today as I asked that question, the song, How He Loves by John Mark McMilian, came into my heart and mind...  I went to YouTube and played it over and over again...

He is jealous for me...
Loves like a hurricane

and then the chorus just erupts with the truth that He loves me and it repeats and repeats and repeats and I try and let the reality of that truth sink in.. just sink in....

I don't have much to say these days...  I have gone very quiet inside..  I think I am touching what a "waiting" upon Him looks and feels like...  But if I'm honest that is a hunch not some ultra prophetic knowing....  I know that in rest and repentance I am finding and will continue to find salvation and in quietness and confidence (in Him) I will find strength.  So I wait......

There are more days when I just sit silently now and there are many more days where I just acknowledge that I have nothing to say....There are more days where I steal away every quiet moment (though they not be many) and cherish them and look upward and around me and hold onto those moments and let them saturate my soul....

His love is the octane upon which I run... His presence is the very air I need... I have been audacious and gone forward on my own strength and only come up empty... There has been noise in the atmosphere and the hustle and bustle of men in the Kingdom of God has been more like the frenzied nature of the 450 prophets of Baal then the waiting upon His word and the 120 in the upper room on the day of Pentecost.

His love... the fact that His love never changes.. it doesn't change if we are in a crowd or sitting alone, it doesn't change if I am walking in holiness or if I have stumbled.. His love propels me onward and upward and towards Him because it is kind and it is strong.

It is His love that grounds me into reality... It is His love that forms and shapes me... Not a moment nor an event.. His continual presence, His unchanging love....  His character and nature .. His mercy and His grace.. His justice and His righteousness.. Him! HIS!

And again... it all comes back to His love.. His unbridled.. His untamed... His passion... His love for me...
As I step into this year and look about me and find my way... it will be His love that will lighten my path....

Stopping and returning to basics... What is He saying?

He loves us......................................................

The other thing I would say to you is this.... Look for the prophetic who is embracing silence....  I rarely if ever state anything about this season or that season or express myself in some modern traditional prophetic type way because in any and all seasons God will do or not do things... Solomon very wisely stated there is a season for all things... and there is nothing new under the sun...

People grow in wisdom and stop letting itchy ears receive everything that would fall under the guise of some form of prophecy or may I say some sort of christianese version of tarot card reading...

In a time where there is so much noise out there on the airways.. I do know this....  There is a quietness of the voice of God but a rumbling of His heart... There is a time to listen and not speak...

His love is quieting His bride and there are intimate things a foot that for those with ears to hear will hear... In a culture that is so full of visual and auditory cues there is solid wisdom to be gleaned from quieting oneself and listening and entering into silence....


No comments: