Wednesday, November 6, 2013

I come from Laughter...November 6 .. Day 6 of the Joy Challenge...

I love quotes, pictures, art, words, expression... I love creativity and ingenuity and laughter...

Today I hold these things up as if they are confetti and I throw them up into the air and dance around them as they fall to the ground... Today it is JOY.. Living... Experimenting.. Entering...  JOY...  Today it is looking at the physical realities of the day and the social realities of the day and choosing JOY just BECAUSE!

The choice towards joy .....

1) Quiet and simple moments sitting in my car.  Watching leaves fall to the ground.  Watching the beautiful sky and clouds and blues and greens and oranges and reds swirl around me.. Today it is JOY..
2)Connecting with the college kid and wearing a Clemson sweatshirt in a Virginia Tech town just because I can...
3)My husband making me peanut butter toast on pumpernickel bread.
4)Receiving kind words from an unexpected source
5)Walking...  I realized today how much I take for granted and when things are gone or change they are gone and changed... so today as I walked upon the sidewalk I thought about the joy of the fact that I can see, and hear, and touch, and walk.. And that that is a joyous thing
6)This.. writing... intermingling with people... having people in my life and being in the lives of others...(Lizzie and I have plans to make a hopscotch path when she gets home from school today... )

Joy in the small, seemingly inconsequential moments....  joy is a powerhouse of a choice...  hard to turn towards at times ... sometimes I want to silence that voice in my heart that arises time after time and says be joyful.. be intentional to be joyful....  sometimes the realities of the day seem to choke out joy... BUT then I am learning to close my eyes, breath, and choose joy anyway.. maybe not right away and maybe it takes a whole day to cycle back around...

Cycle back around anyway...

Bless you..

No comments: