Thursday, November 21, 2013

I Come From Laughter... November 21, 2013 ... What joy really looks like.. The Joy Challenge..

Joy isn't fluff.

Joy isn't necessarily giddy, and laughter, and play...  

Joy is a substantial force for which I am grateful....  

Joy arrives as an opportunity .. 

Joy arrives as a choice...


Joy arrives and says risk choosing me again and again and again...

 I look at joy and say YES.. Yes, I will risk upon you again, Yes, I will let you touch my heart.. yes, I will let you be my strength... I will let you be my song... 

Joy isn't because anything is going right or well.. Joy just is... 

1) Joy today is 21 years of marriage... good, bad, great and ugly.. but 21 years together none the less...  it is 21 years ... I have been married for as many years as I wasn't... Joy is walking along side someone who has seen you at your best and your worst and is still willing to take the next step...
2)Listening to my husband read to me.. FAVORITE past time and not so past time...  I love his voice
3)I touched joy today when I paused and caught my breathe, looked up at the sky and saw it was blue..
4)Joy is knowing that you have friends that can see your house a complete mess ..  that can see you a complete mess...
5) Joy is a nap
6) Joy is a shower
7) Joy is seeing the heart of God for someone else
8)Joy is the color orange (and purple)
9) Joy is the promise that lo He is with me always
10) Joy is a warm house
11)Joy is comfy PJs
12) Joy is the unexpected pleasure of a friend just dropping by 
13) Joy is having shoes
14) Joy is eating popcorn
15) Joy is seeing the woods and going for a walk
16) Joy is simple homework that I can help with
17) Joy is my husband letting me warm my cold feet up against his leg
18)Joy is watching Greg and Lizzie play with ornaments and letting them...
19) Joy is playing legos
20) Joy is encountering deer that are so familiar with human beings that they barely look up and acknowledge me.. yes, we have probably close to 10 deer that wander around our house on any given day and don't run away immediately when we come out or our dog barks... pretty crazy
21) Joy is realizing I could learn a lot from those deer....

No comments: