Monday, April 7, 2014

"Write a letter," He would say... and it would open my heart in ways that were so very beautiful..

Today I was drawn to the fact that even 2000 years ago Jesus spoke of His return. I was drawn to it but not the way in which you would think. I think Jesus would respond to much teaching about His return, as He did when the disciples were so excited that even the demons submitted to them in His name. I think He did and would always point back to the essentials and point back to life. Having said that today I also thought about the impetuous upon the believer to understand and know the times. But not just for the sake of knowing the times. 


We are called to know the times so that we can operate within them in a way that brings life to us and to others. These times are those times when the days grow darker, and we are called to not forsake the gathering together, nor are we to be negligent of how we are handling our own lives. Our lives are not our own, and we are stewards of things entrusted to us; maybe the Master has tarried but He will come back. We are called to not be haphazard with these things.


Early this morning I felt the strength and presence of our Father, and I felt this interesting request upon His heart... His desire was that I would write a letter, a letter to His son, my Brother. Write to your brother, He spoke; and I knew He was not speaking of my biological one. 



This morning I would begin to write:





Brother,




It is promised in Scripture concerning Your return. You, Yourself, spoke of it and said only Father knows when exactly. I can see these days and times. You spoke of an increase of evil and darkness. Oh goodness how these times are such.




You told us to be made aware; You granted us stories liken unto the foolish and wise virgins. You laid out instruction of how we were to be and walk within these days. Paul would write to the Ephesians and tell them to be careful of how they walked, again not to be unwise but to be wise, expressing the very fact that the times were evil. Within those same verses Paul would also speak of being a people of understanding and not fool hardiness. 




There is nothing new under the sun, and the world has known times as these before. I feel it ever important to remember that. The earth has groaned before. Does it get louder now? Or just different?




I think upon You. I think upon all the things that wait ahead for me. I think about holding your hand, and seeing in full. I think about your smile and your laughter. I think about knowing as I am fully even now known. I look forward to the days and times ahead. But even with those thoughts I think about these days.




I don't want to be foolish and not handle the matters of my heart in a way that honors You. I think upon the foolish steward and Brother, I don't want to be liken unto him, upon Your return. Of Your primary care is the house of my heart. May I steward my affections and desires well. May I call them by your graces and acts of my will to only ever mirror Your affections and desires. 




I think upon You, Brother. I think upon our Father. I think upon the days when these days will be those that are written down not being lived out. I think upon others that have gone before me and spoken of fidelity to You and our Kingdom. I want to be found faithful. You elevated me to co-heir. I want not to be haphazard with our Kingdom, as it is even while I am its ambassador here upon earth. 




What gifts can I bring to you, that matter? They are my choices in this age! My will... I am reminded of days long ago when approaching a very hard season, I spoke to our Father. I laid my will before Him, and prayed that regardless of what the days ahead would hold that I placed a “YES” before His throne, and that any “no” ever spoken within any moment was to be negated and only my “YES” remembered. I do that again, I want to do it often. I do not want to ever say “no” to the Holy Spirit or to You. It makes me sad to think of the times I have done so either in word or deed or attitude.




Empower me to bring all my affections and desires to You. Empower me to walk faithfully to that which You called me. Empower my eyes to see through the smoke screens of the world, and the temptations and lies of our enemy and not to fall for them. Empower me to walk in love, overflowing with hope, joy and faith... Empower me to always call to mind, the reality of our Kingdom and its strength. Brother, there are times that that is hard. I cling to Your promise when you said that you would be with us even until the end of this age. I hold You to that promise as if You needed to be held to anything. Your own heart languishes for our reuniting. 



For now I will end. But this I will call to mind and remain in hope, Your lovingkindnesses never cease nor fail.. This world is hard to transverse; the darkness of this age so tangible at times and yet light grows ever stronger. Empower hope in me, my family, my friends and keeps our attentions upon You in this hour and in the hours to come....

No comments: