Sunday, April 27, 2014

It Begins Tomorrow... Stirring the Waters: Cultivating a Lifestyle after the Heart of God




Welcome!

If you are registered for Stirring the Waters: Cultivating a Lifestyle after the Heart of God, you will receive an email directly from our GoToMeeting software.  If you have yet to register the link for our class that begins tomorrow is:  https://www3.gotomeeting.com/register/356435022

If you can not join us live during the next 8 Mondays at 9:30am (est) I will post the recording of the class on the Stir The Water Facebook page and my blog, http://walkingthepassage.blogspot.com .  You can subscribe to My Blog,  Walking The Passages, through your email and receive the video for this class directly to your inbox.

My name is Mims Driscoll and I am a co-director of Stir The Water Ministries.  We endeavor to walk alongside people to equip them to interpret dreams in a Christian and biblical manner, to empower people to understand how they are wired spiritually; so as to be able to function within the Seer lifestyle where the senses are both alive and experiencing spiritual realities, and to create safe and nurturing places where people who walk with the spirit can have a vibrant community to belong to and participate within.  We are a global, online community that has been in existence since 2005. 

Within my personal journey and as a result of a horrible car accident, I entered into this place of "forced" rest.  I would have never had the discipline to choose such a thing. But have been grateful for the lessons I have learned.  With so much physical limitation, I remembered back over two decades ago from when I was first saved.  I loved Brother Lawrence's Practicing the Presence of God and the writings of Madame Guyon.  In these moments I bumped into the writing of Frank Laubach.  He wrote magnificently about inviting God into each moment of your day.  

He endeavored to fill every moment with the thought of God.  He wrote, "All who have tried that kind of abiding for a month know the power of it --- it is like being born again from center to circumference."  I didn't plan it this way, but tomorrow; April 28th will be one month from where I saw that quote.  It has been a month of physical weakness but interior growth.  I have watched my soul be fashioned and formed into the likeness of Christ, as I spent the time to remember to invite Him into each moment.  Into the moments where weakness and loneliness and pain tried to steal my peace, I would pray the simplest of prayers and remember Him and call Him to be in the moment with me.  

I am so excited to begin the journey of this seminar with you!  Starting tomorrow, Monday, April 28th at 9:30am (est) we will be online together seeking our Lord's face and His presence and discovering more of who we are as His sons and daughters.  

I will post the video of the session by the evening.

Many blessings upon you.  We are praying for you as we journey into this time of discovery together...  

With Love, 
Mims

No comments: